Injury Settings

Injury Settings

Postby blazertaz13 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:27 am

Happy Friday all.

I was wondering what you set your injury percentage at for a more realistic feel to the game? I don't it want it to go over board, but I do think we should see more injuries than seen at the default settings.

Appreciate the answers.
blazertaz13

Re: Injury Settings

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:00 pm

I go with 100% but yes, I question it.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:23 pm

I've tried several different settings to test it. For my associations that I plan to continue running for a while, I almost always set it at 200%. That definitely produces an increased level of injuries, but still not as much as I believe typically occurs in real life. But at least closer to it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby jlemmen43 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:31 pm

PointGuard wrote:I've tried several different settings to test it. For my associations that I plan to continue running for a while, I almost always set it at 200%. That definitely produces an increased level of injuries, but still not as much as I believe typically occurs in real life. But at least closer to it.

Would you happen to have an estimate of the percentage of short term/medium term/long term injuries that you experienced at 200%? Just curious if the ratio was similar to 100% or gets skewed. Ideally I don't mind more injuries as long as they are more minor ones. I've never played with anything other than 100%.
jlemmen43

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:10 pm

No, I've not anazlyzed that. But my IMPRESSION has been that the proprotion of minor to major injuries (and length for recovery) is pretty much the same at different injury setting levels....MAYBE a slightly greater % of the total injuires are minor at 200%. But again, that's just my general FEELING.

Again though, my feeling is that the number of both major and minor injuries is a little lower at 200% than what I've seen for real life college teams. And with injury levels set at lower than 200%, the number of injuries is quite a bit below what happens in real life.

It's sort of the same as with recruiting difficulty level. I feel like middle or lower levels make it easy for the human to do MUCH better than the AI...and even with Brutal level, the human will do better than the AI (by that I mean better than one would expect a team of whatever prestige level you have can get much higher quality recruits than would occur in real life.) Gary has improved this with some of the most recent versions of DDSCB though. So for Brutal, you have to be more persistent and can't get as high a quality of recruits as with the lower leels of recruitng difficulty....which is GOOD. My personal opinion is that when new to DDSCB, it's good to set it at Easy so you have some success as you're learning about DDSCB recruiting, but then regularly set it to higher levels to challenge yourself and make the results closer to reality. But each to his own...the main thing is to enjoy the game.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby jlemmen43 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Thanks for the observations.
jlemmen43

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:15 pm

Thanks for the injury level pointguard. I have updated my level to 170% to start and will update if further if needed.
blazertaz13

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion