Moving Up As A Coach / GM

Moving Up As A Coach / GM

Postby jksander » Mon May 29, 2023 5:20 pm

I accidentally posted this in the DDSCB forum and not the NBA ... but maybe one of you guys can still answer this for me since the NBA forum seems to be fairly dead ...

I'll admit to being a little confused. I started out as a head coach in the G-League because I wanted to build my character up realistically before jumping in as a GM / Coach in the NBA. In two years as the head coach of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants I have won 83 games and made the playoffs both years, and in my second season we won the whole thing, jumping my coach to level 30. But I get to the June 19th message "If you are still employed, congrats, if not check your meetings to see if a job is available" message and I have NO MEETINGS ... not sure if this is a bug or not, but it's certainly not nearly as intuitive to figure out as the DDSCB job hiring phase. I'm going to continue with Fort Wayne and see how I do in my third season, but I feel like I'm ready to try GM-ing (or at least being a head coach in the NBA) so this is a bit frustrating.

I know this focum's not incredibly active, but I'd love to hear from others who have played the game -- am I doing things right? Is there something I'm missing? I keep getting an automatic extension in my current job, so if losing my job is the only way to get a meeting, that's quite confusing.

Thanks!
jksander
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion