Fouls in the 3D Sim

Re: Fouls in the 3D Sim

Postby Qnextdoor » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:02 am

I've noticed that at the end of the game teams would have more free-throws made than total shots made. I screenshot all my box scores, and most of the games would have more free-throws then total shots. I also raised my defensive intensity to normal( previously at zero), and I still receive the same amount of fouls. I thought players with a higher discipine rating would foul less often. My average discipline rating for my team ia a little over 50(including walk-ons). I trying to lower the amount of fouls to about 15 a game, besides lowering the defensive intensity and recruiting good defensive players?
Qnextdoor

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:11 pm

I check team stats in the box score of most every game I play in DDSCB and yeah, sometimes there are more FTM than FGM and then other games there are more FGM than FTM (which I believe is the case in real life NCAA games).

FYI: Here's what my comparison of team stats of DDSCB23 (full season of a test association) vs real life NCAA (full 2022-23 season) came up with:

FGM (average number of shots made by individual teams/game)

DDSCB23: Highest team--29.9; Median Team--25.3; Lowest team--18.9

REAL LIFE: Highest team--32.7; Median team--25.6; Lowest team: 20.5

FTM (average number of shots made by individual teams/game)

DDSCB23: Highest team--19.5; Median Team--12.3; Lowest team--7.5

REAl LIFE: Highest team--19.4; Median Team--12.8; Lowest team--8.0

So pretty close, but NCAA real life is slightly higher for FGM (which corresponds with my PPG comparison for which NCAA real life is slightly higher than DDSCB23).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:42 pm

Understand your desire to reduce the number of fouls on your team, but maybe expecting to down get to 15/game is a bit much...the average number of fouls/team/game in NCAA real life for the 2022-23 season was 16.9.

I just went through the 27 games I've played in one of my associations that I'm running now and recorded the number of team fouls on each team in each game and then found the average number of fouls/team/game. For those 27 games, the average was 15.65 (I was very surprised it was so low--I guess my mind tends to remember those games in which there were a lot of fouls--particularly when there are more on my team). In those 27 games there was a low of 8 on a team in a game to a high of 25 on a team in a game. Fouls/team in those games were mostly in the 10-20 range.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion