Fouls in the 3D Sim

Fouls in the 3D Sim

Postby Qnextdoor » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:29 pm

I enjoy coaching in the 3D Simulation (I wish they would add a little more to coaching), But I noticed that in the 3D sim my team fouls 24+ times a game. At first it thought it was my defensive intensity, I play with the defensive intensity right in the middle and in the sim I move it down every 2 fouls. Most games I play my defensive intensity is all the way down with 10+ minutes left in the half. Then I thought it was players (and it might be), but my players understand the defense very well and some of them have a defensive type. For a couple of games I played with the defensive intensity all the way down and the amount of fouls was the same. I looked at other teams and the amount of fouls they commit and I noticed most teams average 12-15 fouls a game. While my team commits 12-15 in a half. I don't know how to cut down on fouls and it's starting to get annoying how often other teams is getting to the line. SOMEONE PLZ HELP!!
Qnextdoor

Re: Fouls in the 3D Sim

Postby PointGuard » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:01 am

Hmm...I don't know of any teams in my association that are averaging that many fouls per game. I just checked my team...checked "Stat Totals" on my team's STATS screen and totalled up all the fouls and divided by the number of games the team has played...my team is averaging 14.86 fouls per game. Yes, there are halves when there are 10 or 12 fouls and some games when there are over 20 fouls, but then there are games when there are far fewer.

Here's my team's number of fouls for each of it's 16 games thus far this season: 13, 11, 20, 22, 11, 14 (OT game), 22, 11, 12, 12, 19, 14, 17, 15, 8, 16

I play with Def. Intensity at the midpoint or a little higher (never lower than the midpoint) and occasionally very high toward the end of a game. I play with a mix of m-2-m and 2-3 zone defense and press a lot (m-2-m and 1-2-1-1). Possibly if you are playing a lot of freshmen you may find them fouling a little more than more experienced players (not sure though). Also, maybe if your team is losing more games than they win, the number of fouls for your team may be a LITTLE higher (but that all depends on the team, though). I typically have 1-3 players who have 2 fouls at then end of the 1st half (since I sub out a guy when he gets his 2nd foul in the half, and then maybe just play him a little the remainder of the half) I very seldom have players with 3 fouls on them at the half. I very seldom have players foul out of a game. Looking at my team stats again, I see that players who are averaging about 15-25 mpg, are averaging between 1.1 and 2.0 PF/game. I'm playing a deep bench this season so there are 9 players on my roster who are in that category.

Sometimes I THINK that my team is foulng a lot...but its more of a perception than reality. All of us coaches hate fouls being called on our team...lol.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:21 am

I play 100% man-to-man, intensity at max, and I press about half the time and my teams don't get that many fouls.
Wayne23

Postby Qnextdoor » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:26 pm

I don't understand the intensity. My players are good at defense and my intensity is halfway (or lower). When I'm not using the 3D sim the fouls are not as high, but in the
3D sim my players go crazy with fouls. When I turn it down my team still fouls the same, but he other team starts making shots. I run man-to-man, 1-2-2 zone , and a 3-2 zone. I also run a man-to-man press 100% of the time. My players are 50+ in the proficiencies (4 players are lower than 50). What can I do differently to cut down team fouls? Do I need to only run one defense?
Qnextdoor

Postby PointGuard » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:36 pm

I almost always play out my games in 3D...and don't have those kind of foul problems. And although I've not compared foul frequency with 3D vs simming, I have not noticed any difference...and I'm pretty sure I'd notice if my team was regularly fouling 20+ times a game.

Do you notice more fouls when your team is using one of the specific D's you're using? Is one position getting tagged with more fouls that any of the other positions?

I suggest you submit your game files along with a Support Ticket and let Gary look things over. Something seems weird...maybe its in your set up of the association or maybe with one of the zone defenses you're using (actually I have no idea but Gary's the developer and expert). If you have kept track of actual foul results (for 3D and for simming), I'd suggest you provide those also along with the Support Ticket.,,,the more actual data, the better.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Qnextdoor » Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:03 pm

I played 3 seasons( all in coaching and with the intensity all the way down) and I played 3 seasons outside the coaching mode at normal intensity. In the coaching game mode I averaged 21 fouls in the 1st season, 19 in the second, and 23 the third. While outside the coaching mode I averaged 15 the first season, 17 the second, and 15 in the third season. I also noticed an increase in fouls for my opponents when I play them in the coaching mode. On top of that I noticed that most of the time my team is in the bonus within the first 10 minutes in the game. By the way I run a 11-12 man rotation in the coaching mode ( mostly because of foul trouble). About 34% of the time there's 3-5 fouls called in the first 2 minutes combined. My opponents usually shoot 30+ free-throws and make about 20 of them. While my team shoots less than 18 free-throws and make about 12 of them. The I just wanted to share what I found because the amount of fouls doesn't match the intensity. I already put in a ticket, but I wanted to run my own test and record some stats.
Qnextdoor

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:32 pm

Interesting and good info...although it doesn't sync with what I've experienced with the associations I've run. So it's good you've sent in a support ticket. Hopefully Gary can figure out why you're having more fouls with the association you've set up.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Qnextdoor » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:38 pm

I'm still having problems with fouls. I put in muliple tickets but nothing was found wrong. I just played a game on the lowest intensity and I had 43 team fouls. Fouls would be called 2-3 times in a minute. In the first 10 minutes of every game, 12-14 combined fouls have been called. By the end on the game 45+ combined fouls have been call. There are more fouls than time played.
Qnextdoor

Postby stefree7b » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:44 pm

I have also seen a lot of fouls on both teams in all of my games. Also the scoring seems too high in almost all games but still a fun game. Mainly the fouls seem out of control.
stefree7b

Postby PointGuard » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 pm

Suggest you provide some actual stats from your association after at least half the season (or better yet after the conclusion of a season).

I'm not seeing a big variance between DDSCB23 and real life NCAA in my associations. Avg ppg seems pretty realistic and I'm not seeing an abnormally high number of fouls/game...of course some games have a pretty high number of fouls but those are offset by other games with a pretty low number of fouls.

In my most active association right now:

ppg by teams ranges from 52.4 to 86.5 with median being 70.4

CB23 doesn't list fouls/game by teams but FTA/game is related to fouls/game...and...

FT attempts by team per game ranges from 6.9 to 28.5 with median being 18.3

Real life NCAA Div 1 stats for 2022-23 season:

ppg by teams ranged from 58.3 to 86.1 with median of 71.4

FT attempts by team per game ranged from 12.1 to 25.1 with median being 17.9

So for both PPG and FTA's per game, CB23 is pretty darned close to real life.

I also did an evaluation of team and player stats comparing CB23 to real life during the testing before the game was released and the stats were pretty realistic. For team stats I compared PPG, FGM, FGA, FG%, 3PM, 3PA, 3P%, FTM, FTA, FT%, Off reb, Ttl reb, APG, SPG, BPG, and TOPG and those stats were VERY close between CB23 and real life Div. 1 NCAA...witht he excption of APG, SPG, BPG, and TOPG which were a bit high in CB23 compared to real life.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion