Suggestions for recruiting, transfer and off-season

Suggestions for recruiting, transfer and off-season

Postby Billdozer » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:48 am

The transfer portal has improved over time. However, I think it could still use some work. I would like an option to create a watch list, offer list, and contact list It might also be more realistic to be able to pitch location, playing time, and conference prestige. I think these are 3 key areas for transfer players. I do not want to see the transfer portal copy recruiting but managing offers and contacts is very difficult.

My main frustration from recruiting happens when a heavily recruited player suddenly has attitude and discipline problem messages pop up in December out of nowhere. Do these players suddenly decide to be jerks after they sign LOI's. Perhaps an option could be added directing the coaching staff to focus on what to find out in terms of the things that show up in the notes section like injuries, personality, work ethic, and play style?

In addition I wonder if it is to easy for interest to show up as hot for recruits? There are dozens of recruits who have 10 or more schools listed as hot. I would imagine it is more likely to have 3 hot, 4 warm, and 3 cool among the top 10 schools. It makes sense for the top 15 recruits to have many schools at hot but beyond them I would not expect 10 teams and recruits to have high mutual interest.

In the off-season I would like to see the NBA style training camp added to the College game.
Billdozer

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion