Suggestion/Ideas for next years game

Suggestion/Ideas for next years game

Postby adamj95 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:50 pm

In this years version, conference realignment is only done on one day and you can only do it by swapping out team A for team B. With the massive conference realignment happening in the NCAA, i’d really like to see the option of being able to change conference size, add teams without swapping one team for another.
adamj95

Re: Suggestion/Ideas for next years game

Postby adamj95 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:32 pm

The ability to do multi-year scheduling. Playing as a mid major or a team in a lower conference, if you do. or have high enough prestige it’s hard to get ranked teams to play you on the road. It would be nice to be able to schedule a home and home series with an upper prestige program.
adamj95

Postby hurricaneskel » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:29 pm

Those are some really good suggestions. I would like to add to this thread by sharing some of my own.

- I believe the staff hiring phase needs a bit of a rework. It feels as if head coaches limited to which assistants can be hired from other schools. I think the hiring phase can be improved by showing and allowing the ability to hire assistants from ALL schools. Perhaps that can be filtered by conference so the screen doesn't seem so cluttered. Now it will obviously be extremely difficult for a mid-major school to sign a 1A from a Power 5 school for the same position but it would still be nice to see that it is possible.

- Assistants and head coaches in general would benefit from having some biographical information such as where they're from or if they are alumnus from a certain school. This can be helpful as the majority of coaches in real life have valuable ties and relationships with high school coaches and local AAU teams which they use to their advantage during recruiting. This will not only add immersion but also really make the head coach strategically pick whom to hire as a recruiting assistant. Pipelines pipelines pipelines!

- The potential ratings on the assistants are extremely low. For example, I hardly see any progress from my (or other CPU teams) assistants because their recruiting rating is capped at 60 (often times much lower than that). Perhaps that is something that can be age-related. A younger assistant coach would have higher potential and can be shaped to specialize in either recruiting, player development, etc. On the other hand, an assistant who is much older will not show little or no progress at all. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. This can lead to the development of some interesting coaching trees.

- The ability to discover what a recruit's personality is like more consistently. This can be done through live scouting where you can get a description of how the player interacts with his teammates/coaches.

- Historical information should be easier to access. I don't really like how once a senior graduates, he is pretty much forgotten about. It would be amazing if we had the ability to look at a team's past rosters with stats. Similar to SRCBB's roster page. In addition to that, it would be nice to see a school's historical recruiting classes and see how former high school prospects performed in college.

That's all I can think of for now.
hurricaneskel

Postby ignats75 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:53 pm

same thing I always ask for. A real print capability.
ignats75

Postby drummerJ99 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:56 am

ignats75 wrote:same thing I always ask for. A real print capability.

What do you mean by "print capability"?
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby ignats75 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:04 am

I want to be able to print out (or export) things like recruit lists and box scores and stat reports). The only way to do it now is a very cumbersome and impractacle snip-it utility which I HATE. For example, Football Manager lets you highlight lines of data and save it as an HTML and then import to either excel or word.
ignats75

Postby drummerJ99 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:06 pm

ignats75 wrote:I want to be able to print out (or export) things like recruit lists and box scores and stat reports). The only way to do it now is a very cumbersome and impractacle snip-it utility which I HATE. For example, Football Manager lets you highlight lines of data and save it as an HTML and then import to either excel or word.

Does exporting as html help you any? I know you can do that now but not sure if it exports everything you want, pretty sure it doesn't do recruit lists. I think it can do box scores and stats though.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:25 am

I find hiring assistants to be the most frustrating part of this truly great game.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby drummerJ99 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:36 am

My suggestions for both pro and college:
-to add theme capability. So we can use/make a light skin UI.
-Haven't played the pro game in a couple years but should be able to switch boxscore by quarter/half. We can see the score per each quater/half but can't see for example who the leading scorer or any other stats for both teams were at the half in the box score.
drummerJ99

Postby agoo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:09 am

Not sure if this will become the official suggestions thread, but here's a quick one:

I'd like some designation for offers that weren't accepted. Right now, when a guy gives a verbal, records of the offers from other teams just disappear. Perhaps an outline of the scholar hat can stay for teams that had offers out on a guy.
agoo

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion