Punished for previous coach scandal

Punished for previous coach scandal

Postby Wildcat18 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:04 pm

I've had a save that I've played on and off for over a year now, where I started at St Peter's with my alma mater of Villanova as my target school. After bringing St Peters to back-to-back Final Fours, Jay Wright officially retires, and I get the job. All is going well until later November of my first year, where I get handed down a punishment for the recruiting violations of the previous regime. I don't mind the postseason ban or the loss of scholarships for a few years, since that's an institutional punishment. What I do mind is that it says I'm expected to be fired at the end of the season. After all, my coach had nothing to do it - not a single player on the roster was recruited by me.

So I guess I have two questions:

1) Am I really going to be fired for this?
2) If yes, is there any way to edit the save or commissioner mode something to keep me there? I'm in Career mode if that matters.

Thanks in advance
Wildcat18

Re: Punished for previous coach scandal

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:16 am

Not within the game. But you can go to commissioner, export the association, edit your coach in the export then re import back into the game. You will need a SQL database editor to do that.
NCAAhoops

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:39 am

If you look under HELP in the game menu there will be instructions on opening a support ticket and sending in your game files. If you do so I will go into the code and boost your coach's job security so that you should not get fired. Not sure if it actually will fire you or that was just poorly worded in the game.

You could also save the file as a different name and sim ahead and see if it actually does fire you - if your job security meter is low on your office page it might but if it is not then you should not get fired unless its for performance reasons
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Wildcat18 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:23 pm

Thanks for the responses.

@NCAAhoops Thanks for the suggestion. I tried looking at the files, since learning SQL is something I've been meaning to do, and I learned that I have a lot to learn about SQL lol

@Gary I just sent in a support ticket. Thanks. I did as you suggested, saving the file under a different name and simming ahead - I was fired, despite only losing 2 games all year. And I also checked the job security meter on the office page of the main version, and it is currently at 0.

Judging off the timing, what I think happened is that an investigation was opened up into the school in April of the previous year, but hadn't completed by the time the season ended. And it's fair to assume that the vast majority of the time that would happen, the head coach would be the same the following year, and of the rare time that the coach is different, it's probably very unlikely for the player to be the new coach.
Wildcat18

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion