Available Coaching Jobs

Available Coaching Jobs

Postby buckshot13 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:19 pm

I'm struggling trying to understand the logic used for determining what schools will offer you the head coaching job. The reason I say that is that I took over LSU after a 4-26 season and had them in the NIT year one, NCAA the next four years, with the final two seasons Sweet 16 and Elite 8. My final season I won the SEC regular season and had 30 wins. Despite that, I only had five power 5 offers and they were all terrible teams with much lower prestige (same type of offers I was getting after my first few years at LSU). It seems like in real life I would have a bunch of power 5 teams after me, including higher prestige programs that are not winning as many games as they should be. My goal in the game was to keep moving up in terms of program prestige but it seems like I'm now stuck despite my on-court success. Any thoughts/suggestions as to why I'm not getting better offers?
buckshot13

Re: Available Coaching Jobs

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:47 pm

Congratulations on your success at LSU.

What is your coach's REPUTATION rating now?

What was it when you first started your association? What was LSU's PRESTIGE rating when your coach took the helm and what is it now?

Are there coaches at the colleges you're interested in moving to who seem to be nearing retirement age?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby buckshot13 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm

My coach reputation is 50. Was 10 when I started. My first role was at Missouri-Kansas City, then went to Loyola (CA), then LSU. My overall career record is 276-117 with 3 conference championships.

LSU team rating is also 50. I don't recall what it was when I started but I know it was low since they were coming off a 4-26 season. I remember there was a big jump in prestige the first year and then since then it's increased every year but by small amounts.

I don't know about the other teams. I really don't have a list of teams I would only consider, just thinking a program that is traditionally more powerful, or my selected dream job of Kansas State.

Thanks for any ideas you can provide. Maybe after this year I'll get a better offer. I'm 20-1 currently and ranked #6.

Something else I noticed and I don't know if this impacts my coach rating, but I've recruited JUCO pretty heavy and even if they are top 100 players it appears you get punished in the recruiting ranking. For example, this past offseason I signed 4 players and they were ranked #55, #73, #100 and #133. The #73 player was high school and the other JUCO. I thought a very good class but my ranking was 199, which seems craze with 3 top 100 players.
buckshot13

Postby PointGuard » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:57 pm

Top schools typically have DDSCB Prestige ratings in the 70's, 80's and 90's, so the 50 Reputation rating for your coach is unlikely to have those type of school hire you as a head coach. Your coach is making excellent progress so just need to give it more time for him to get to where he will get offers from top basketball programs. But some of the lower prestige programs in top conferences MAY have prestige levels low enough that if their head coaching jobs open, your coach can latch on there. For example in my ongoing association now, in the ACC (which has a conference prestige level of 83), the prestige levels of Virginia Tech (45), Wake Forest (37), Georgia Tech (53), Boston College (57) would likely make them accessible for your coach...but the other schools in the ACC have Prestiges in the 70's and 80's and thus your coach would have to develop further for them to show interest in him.

I believe that the recruiting ranking within DDSCB is based only on high school recruits and excludes JC recruits. If you'd had another 1 or 2 strong high school recruits, I'm sure your recruit ranking would have been much higher.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion