State of the College Mod 24 Post (1)

State of the College Mod 24 Post (1)

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:39 am

I'll make 3 posts this week going over what's new in the College Mod 24 for DDSCB2024.
Topics will be:

1. Associations
2. Conferences
3. Coaches
4. Teams
5. Courts

Associations, Conferences and Coaches will be in this first post.
Teams will be covered in the 2nd post around the middle of this week. What's new and there is a lot to cover that's new with teams.
Courts will be covered late this week either Friday or Saturday. Everything you wanted too know about courts but were afraid to ask.

General:
Instructions updated. - You will want this handy as you will need it starting a new association if you want to use Early season tournaments. ;) (Hint for courts post)

Association Logos:
Added 5 NCAA logos with white boxes to match conference & tournament logos. - I added white boxes to some association logos, all of the conference and tournament logos as they are smaller and show up better on dark screens. Team logos are not on boxes and look like DDSCB2023 logos.

Conferences:
Colonial Athletic Association renamed to Coastal Athletic Association. - Name change but they kept their old logo.
Southland Conference logo updated. - They have a new logo.
Conference logos placed on white box to been seen better with new team selection screen.

Coaches:
Real NCAA coaches from head coach to last assistant for all teams.
Unemployed coaches are all real coaches.
All stats are end of 2022-23 season.
All coaches faces look similar to real coaches.
All Coaches Suits set to match team colors.
Coaches rated to match real life coach.
Coaches will have team play similar style as real life coach.
Offensive Focus, Offensive & Defensive Rebounding, Player Development, Scouting, & Defensive Intensity rating have all been reworked and more like real life coaches since CM23.
Lowered the amount of zone played by all coaches. - In 2023 only 10 teams played zone over 50% of the tome and one of those coaches retired. From 2014 to 2019 league wide zone the amount of zone played per game dropped from 21.1% to 14.6%.
All coaches have higher potential ratings so they can improve better as each year is played. - Coaches did not seem to improve much, now they do.
Coaches fired during 2023-24 season will be fired at the end of 1st season in the mod. Also some coaches close to being fired this year are set the same and will have to save themselves in the game or hit the street.
Added Female coach to Detroit Mercy along with her facgen. There are two other women facegens included as they coached last year but not in 2023-24. I put them in CM-24 for anyone that imports their DDSCB23 association with real coaches.

I think that covers most everything for this edition. Look for the coming posts about teams as there is a lot of new things added for teams this year and the courts edition will have big news that you don't want to miss.
NCAAhoops

Re: State of the College Mod 24 Post (1)

Postby blazertaz13 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:22 am

Morning NCAA,

First off, I hope your health continues to improve and that you are doing well.

Secondly, I don't know if it is said enough, but thank you for your efforts each and every year in creating this mod. I truly believe that your efforts make this game more enjoyable for all of us players.

Thanks again for the update.

Taz
blazertaz13

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion