State of the College Mod 24 Post (2)

State of the College Mod 24 Post (2)

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:37 am

State of the College Mod post

3 posts this week going over what's new in the College Mod 24.
Topics will be:

1. Associations (Done)
2. Conferences (Done)
3. Coaches
(Done)
4. Teams (Today)
5. Courts

Today I will cover what's new with teams in the College Mod.

NEW TEAMS:
Le Moyne as they joined DI this year to the Northeast Conference. Dropped Hartford due to they went back to DIII.
West Georgia to the Independents. They are joining DI next year but we have 363 teams so I added them this year. Dropped St Frances (NY) as they eliminated all sports at the university.

COLORS & LOGOS:
Morgan State switched Primary & Secondary colors. Appeared to be reversed in the mod per NCAA site.
Updated team logos that changed SIU Edwardsville, Denver, Davidson, Florida Gulf Coast, Mississippi Valley, and Utah Tech. (Did I miss any)?

STATS & RATINGS:
Team stats are updated to the end of 2022-23 season and team ratings are updated to this year in February.

JERSEYS:
This is where a lot of work was done.

New Player Card Jerseys for all 363 teams. They were all remade to match team colors and the on court away jersey colors.

New On Court Jerseys for all teams. Over 800 new jerseys with more alternates to choose from with jersey and number matching their team colors. Now each team has its own jersey and are named the same as the team name. The naming convention is Home jersey ends with a 1, Away Jersey ends with a 2 and the Alternate jersey ends with a 3. So Duke's jersey's would be "1CM_duke-1" for Home, "1CM_duke-2" for Away and "1CM_duke-3" for Alternate. Easy to remember and find if you try changing them but want to go back to the original.
I kept these simple to get them done before game release, but plan to add lines to the sides of jerseys and shorts as well as lines at the bottom of the shorts and maybe team names so these will be more colorful in the future. Right now they are similar to what has been used by the game before except better team color matching.
Another reason I have been a little undecided about the style of lines to use. Lines that match the size of the neckline and sleeve are too small on court to see well. I experimented with wider lines and they show better on court but didn't want to make 800 jerseys and regret it later.
Here is a picture of the jersey styles. First jersey is how they are in the mod now. The middle picture is with normal lines compared to the neckline and sleeve lines (hard to see on court) and the third is with wider line and shows how much I can customize them. The name on the jersey is only readable when the player is close to you and the bottom of the court.
Link to picture of jerseys: https://www.mediafire.com/view/k717cu68hbfnjgw/Jersey_Pic.jpg/file
I may make a couple of these to try during First Access to see if a few of you players that play 2D would be willing to try and let me know what you like best.
Also the On Court Jerseys will require a new association started in DDSC24 to work so they will not automatically work with an imported association fro DDSCB23. They will use the DDSC24 default jerseys as they did before in DDSCB23. You can manually set each team yourself to the new ones if you prefer to use some of them for your team or conference.

Well I think I covered every thing for teams. I'll wrap up today and plan to cover courts most likely Friday morning.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion