State of the College Mod 24 Post (3)

State of the College Mod 24 Post (3)

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:49 pm

State of the College Mod post

3 posts this week going over what's new in the College Mod 24.
Topics will be:

1. Associations (Done)
2. Conferences (Done)
3. Coaches (Done)
4. Teams (Done)
5. Courts Today

Courts, Courts and more Courts!

Good news on the courts is I have a lot of them done. I made a change in how I make them now with 3 different versions to speed up the process in making them.
To explain:
Version 1 (V1) are the top quality as all the previous courts I made until back during DDSCB2023. These take the most time with several hours per court.
Version 2 (V2) are faster to make but some small details are missing that are not noticeable to most people. Such as the under basket text font may not be exact and occasional missing text around the sidelines like "@teamathletics". Takes about an hour per court.
Version 3 (V3) noticeable difference from V1 or V2 courts and are generic. They are not confirmed as this years court as I used some older pictures and are missing any court graphics other than center court logo. The message board is bland with "Go Team mascot name" and generic graphics if I did not have easy access to a team graphic to save time on the message board. These are fillers so every team will have a court before "Official "DDSCB24 release and will eventually be replaced with a V1 or V2 court down the road. These vary in time to make but I have been able to do about 10+ a day.

Yes I said every team will have a court by the time DDSCB24 comes out of First Access and is Officially released!

What is already completed.
Tournaments:
All Post Season Tournament courts were previously completed.
All Conference Tournaments courts are all completed.
Non-conference early season courts are all completed.
I matched up the early season tournaments by prestige. So real tournaments that have top teams will here also.
The logos for both of these tournaments have logos on white 3d boxes to be more visible on screens.
Something I don't usually do is put advertising on the courts but for the Early Season Tournament courts I used Network TV Network Sports logos on the Message board as I did not have a better idea. So there are Fox Sports, ESPN ABC and other in there.
A new DDSCB court that is generic for all teams instead of the Wolverine court. Hardwood Hoops Basketball logo for center court. This is generic court that will be used until a team gets it's own court during First Access.

Teams:
These conferences are done with the types of courts V1, V2 or V3. All not list here will be V3 with an occasional other version mixed in.

Teams Conf.
Done Tourny Conference
DONE V1 DONE V1 Big 12
DONE V1 DONE V1 Big Ten
DONE V1 DONE V1 SEC
DONE V1 DONE V1 ACC
DONE V1 DONE V1 Big East
DONE V1 DONE V1 Pac-12
DONE V1 DONE V1 Mountain West
DONE V2 DONE V2 Atlantic 10
DONE V1&2:DONE V2 Missouri Valley
DONE V1 DONE V1 American Athletic
DONE V1 DONE V1 West Coast
DONE V3 DONE V2 Ivy League
DONE V1 DONE V2 Southern
DONE V3 DONE V2 Western Athletic
DONE V1 DONE V2 Conference USA
DONE V1 DONE V1 Big West
DONE V2 DONE V1 Sun Belt

The rest are in progress and will be V3 courts to quickly have them done.
Here is a view of Columbia's V3 Court as an example of what V3 will look like.
Link: https://www.mediafire.com/view/ey6ks33uccl94l2/1CM_columbia.jpg/file
These should be good enough to use for a while so I can actually take a break from courts and play DDSCB24 some. :)

If you find your team has a V3 court and if you want it upgrade to a V2 or V1 let me know. Once Gary opens DDSCB24 forum I'll make a post for any requests. As I said a V3 court could be dated and the team may have changed since the pictures I used were a couple of years old.

That about covers everything in the College Mod 24. Thanks for reading along and I hope you enjoy using it when time comes and are able to cut down some nets!
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: State of the College Mod 24 Post (3)

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:16 pm

Quick question about the new mod. If I start a new league in 2023, then move it over to 24 when it is out. Will the mod update the courts, logos, etc. of the league or will I have to start over? Ready to get back into a game, coaching them all out, I just want to see if I should wait or not to start.

Thanks,
Taz
blazertaz13

Re: State of the College Mod 24 Post (3)

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:33 pm

Yes you will get the logos and courts automatically. The only two things I can think of that you will miss out on are the new On-Court Jerseys although right now they are similar to what DDSCB23 has and you could always load the the teams you wish to have them like your team and conference team if you wish. And the two new teams Le Moyne and West Georgia as I believe it will keep Hartfort and St Frances (NY) who both left DI when you import but I can't 100% confirm that.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion