Running list of suggestions

Running list of suggestions

Postby eel1987 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:34 pm

This version is already such an improvement over last year. Really great work. Most of these suggestions are kind of nitpicky, but I think they'll help overall. I'll add more replies to this as I come up with new ideas.

1. LOVE the Roster/Roster Management screen functionality. Big improvement over last year. Make Roster Management screen mirror selections on Roster screen (viewing options, i.e., if I only want to see QBs, and same attribute columns, i.e., Year is not on roster management or the quick view in the depth chart screen; both would be helpful)

2. Make the sort on roster/roster management screens stay the same if I change viewing options (i.e., if I sort by year or ovr)

3. Player generation for a new game seems off. I prefer playing as low-prestige teams and building them up, and my Texas State game started with very few players from Texas. I would assume that most of these players would be from in-state since it's such a low prestige (and low resource) team. Because of that I ended up with pipelines to SC, IA, AR, WY, VT, and OH, which seems super unrealistic for this level of team.

4. Rearrange attributes so they go together better. I'd arrange them something like this (parentheses around attributes that I would consider in the same "group"):

(Pos Age Year Hgt Wgt Ovr) (Int Skill) (Str End (Agi Spe)) Hnd (Arm Acc) Tck (PBl RBl) (KDi KAc)

The first block (Pos Age Year Hgt Wgt Ovr) are attributes that are useful for reviewing all players, but they're more descriptive.

Second block (Int Skill) are attributes that are relevant to pretty much every player too.

Third block (Str End Agi Spe) are physical skills. Agi and Spe are the fourth block because at least in my head, they're connected.

Hnd doesn't really fit with any one other skill, but it's relevant for a lot of positions so I'd put it here. It also goes with the two QB skills that come next.

Fifth block (Arm and Acc) are the main QB passing skills.

Tck is next because it's relevant to the defensive positions and doesn't really go with the offensive skills that come before.

Next are the blocking skills and the kicker skills because they're rather specialized.

I literally just slapped this order together though, so I'm not married to it, but I would like to see attributes arranged in a way that makes a bit more sense.
eel1987

Re: Running list of suggestions

Postby AKH » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:15 am

@3: Most of these pipelines are likely from your coaches, they all come with minor connections from homestate and previous employments.
(edit: a coaches' pipelines are also listen on his coach profile, so you can check there which is from whom)
AKH

Postby eel1987 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:24 am

AKH wrote:@3: Most of these pipelines are likely from your coaches, they all come with minor connections from homestate and previous employments.
(edit: a coaches' pipelines are also listen on his coach profile, so you can check there which is from whom)

Fair. But it still seems weird that out of the whole Texas State team (prestige 38), only 7 players are from Texas.
eel1987

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:13 am

eel1987 wrote:
AKH wrote:@3: Most of these pipelines are likely from your coaches, they all come with minor connections from homestate and previous employments.

Fair. But it still seems weird that out of the whole Texas State team (prestige 38), only 7 players are from Texas.

I think you have a valid point if your team only had (7) players from Texas. Using the real world roster of Texas State as of today, they have a total of 122 players listed. Of the 122 players, 77 players came from inside Texas, which is about 63% of their roster. Although I understand the game also uses coach pipelines to bring talent, I would assume schools like Texas State and others in the real world also employ coaches from other states at times with their own pipelines but their rosters in the real world does not reflect having as many out of state talent as the game does. Of course this is just one team I looked at. But I did look at Texas State in a brand new league I created and it only had (3) Texas players so I am guessing if I look at all teams, I would likely see the same pattern.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby eel1987 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:11 pm

5. On the list of recruits, if I click a recruit to look at their profile, when I go back to the recruit list it partially resets the filters I had set before. I think everything stays the same except it reverts back to the first page of recruits, and I might have scrolled to page 6 or 7 before I looked at a profile. I would be nice if it stayed on the page I was on before opening the recruit's profile.
eel1987

Postby eel1987 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:54 pm

6. I was checking and unchecking the recruiting actions to see what everything would cost for a player, and apparently you can't uncheck the official visit box once you check it. Also it would be nice to have a way to tell how much each action would cost, especially if one of the options can't be unchecked, though I can't imagine why that option shouldn't be uncheckable just like the others.

EDIT: hovering the mouse over the check box shows what the action costs. I dig that. Ignore that part.
Last edited by eel1987 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eel1987

Postby eel1987 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:57 pm

7. A phone call to an in-state player costing $2000 seems like a lot.

8. An explanation of what each action is would be helpful. I'm especially not clear on what "contact" really means.
eel1987

Postby markprior22 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:22 am

Would like to see option to change ticker to top 25, conference, etc
markprior22

Postby Gabe778 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:22 pm

Way too many DL winning the heisman. I simmed 50 seasons and 22 of the heisman winners were DE/DT
Gabe778

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:27 pm

markprior22 wrote:Would like to see option to change ticker to top 25, conference, etc

I do like that suggestion as can be a long list of games you don’t care about. Think it also shouldn’t start over again when you change screens and should include team ranks. And if space allows, would love to see logos and actual team names versus abbreviations.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 FirstAccess