Question about how First Access works

Question about how First Access works

Postby servo75 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:06 am

I'm a bit confused on what we're getting in First Access that the announcement wasn't clear on.

The cost is $39.99 which gets a discount for the full version PLUS a free Steam key? Are those two separate things? I'm not sure why someone would pay $40 for just a beta only to have to buy the game again when it releases. Please clear this up if I"m confused.
servo75

Re: Question about how First Access works

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:40 am

The regular price of buying the game is $39.99, but if you buy during first access you get 10% discount which makes the cost $35.99. You also get a free Steam key during early access which allows you to play the game using Steam. If you didn’t buy during first access and wanted to play using Wolverine standalone version and Steam, you would have had to buy the game twice to play both versions, you would buy the standalone from Wolverine and then have to buy again directly from Steam. During first access you would only need to buy the Wolverine version and you would get Steam free. Most people only buy for one platform anyway, but some people like to play both versions which they are both the exact same game, just launched differently and the steam has auto updates built in versus manual updates for stand alone version.

If you buy during early access, you don’t need to buy again when fully released. Your keys are valid for first access and the full release. If you think your going to buy the game on full release, it’s a good idea to buy now at the reduced price and you get the free steam key, plus you can start playing right away. However, if you’re not sure you want to buy it, wait until the free demo comes out after the game is fully released and then decide. Of course at that point the price will be higher and you won’t get free steam key but maybe those things not important to you.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby servo75 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:07 pm

Okay thank you for clearing that up, it seemed a little confusing. I'm glad the Steam is free because I would rather have that version anyway and was afraid that by early access I'd be stuck with the stand-alone even after release. So it's good to see I'm basically paying the same amount I would if I just bought the Steam version on release and nothing now.
servo75

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:15 pm

10% current discount is through wolverines store using MASCOT as the discount code. So in your case because you really only want steam, buying it now would then still allow you to have steam version cheaper then buying after release
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 FirstAccess