Not overly impressed so far

Not overly impressed so far

Postby servo75 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:49 am

I've only been playing the DDS football games for about a year now. This is my 3rd version of the college game (skipped 2022). While I do love the new scouting/recruiting and how much more streamlined that and the UI is, I was hoping to see more. I saw a review on Steam that said there wasn't much that was new and I tend to agree. I looked at the wish list in this forum and there were so many things, some of them even just minor UI things, but after playing the release version for some time it looks like nothing was substantially touched at all other than recruiting. I actually liked the ability to set formation percentages and don't understand why under any circumstances they'd just be removed and not replaced by anything.

Outside of recruiting and Spring game it looks like the same game from 2023. Not to take anything away the recruiting changes are good and much needed but there are still some things I was hoping to see improved that would make the game easier to follow. Just a short list of what I think are pretty simple UI type things:
* Easier-to-follow player progression. I find those crowded line graphs hard to read and just getting emails saying Player X improved in tackling but not by how much. Even something as simple as adding a tabular format would help greatly.
* Ability to sort and filter custom playbooks, export to CSV.
* Having more detailed box score information on the 2-D game screen instead of only being able to see my passing statistics while on offense, for example.
* Showing distance to school when looking at a prospect's profile
* Being able to select multiple positions when filtering recruits (like you can in Pro free agency)
* Being able to filter by conference in team info and league media

That's only a parital list but I tried to stick to more minor "nice-to-have" type things. I'm hoping some of what I mentioned are minor enough to be updated through this version if there's the demand for it.
servo75

Re: Not overly impressed so far

Postby Invisible Witness » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:39 pm

I hope they don't remove formation percentages for Pro version. I like to have heavy rotation and get everyone involved on my squad.
Invisible Witness

Postby hansmellman » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:36 pm

servo75 wrote:I've only been playing the DDS football games for about a year now. This is my 3rd version of the college game (skipped 2022). While I do love the new scouting/recruiting and how much more streamlined that and the UI is, I was hoping to see more. I saw a review on Steam that said there wasn't much that was new and I tend to agree. I looked at the wish list in this forum and there were so many things, some of them even just minor UI things, but after playing the release version for some time it looks like nothing was substantially touched at all other than recruiting. I actually liked the ability to set formation percentages and don't understand why under any circumstances they'd just be removed and not replaced by anything.

Outside of recruiting and Spring game it looks like the same game from 2023. Not to take anything away the recruiting changes are good and much needed but there are still some things I was hoping to see improved that would make the game easier to follow. Just a short list of what I think are pretty simple UI type things:
* Easier-to-follow player progression. I find those crowded line graphs hard to read and just getting emails saying Player X improved in tackling but not by how much. Even something as simple as adding a tabular format would help greatly.
* Ability to sort and filter custom playbooks, export to CSV.
* Having more detailed box score information on the 2-D game screen instead of only being able to see my passing statistics while on offense, for example.
* Showing distance to school when looking at a prospect's profile
* Being able to select multiple positions when filtering recruits (like you can in Pro free agency)
* Being able to filter by conference in team info and league media

That's only a parital list but I tried to stick to more minor "nice-to-have" type things. I'm hoping some of what I mentioned are minor enough to be updated through this version if there's the demand for it.

Seems like you can see the distance for a recruits Highschool to your school on his 'Player Bio' page.
hansmellman

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:28 pm

We removed the percentages and are now relying on the depth charts, endurance, and energy settings to determine when to rotate in players. We opened up packages so that you could basically have a package per formation and play type if you want instead of limiting them to just 4. We also adjusted the RB by committee so that it uses that flag again to do RB specific subs. We'll be bringing the same updates to PF as well.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 General Discussion