How fair is the simulation engine?

How fair is the simulation engine?

Postby steve3141 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:11 pm

Just curious what everybody's take is on how fair the simulation engine is for games in the 2024 edition? By this I mean if on paper, if your players look like they have stats galore and should Usually win, does the simulation come out that way? I know there's more to it than that with regards to how good of a "team" you have built. But sometimes in past years versions I just felt like something was off.

I've spent a LOT of time on Draft Day Sports college football (and basketball) in past years versions, and am definitely a big fan and want to support. But there's nothing more frustrating than doing all the managerial aspects of a sports game just to basically flip a coin whether your team would win or not. Again, big fan of WS/Draft Day and always want to have faith!
steve3141

Re: How fair is the simulation engine?

Postby hansmellman » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:45 am

The rolls for outcomes in any given situation are infinitely more complex than just 'It looks like my team should win' in the game, as in real life.

Like you say, you can try to take care of every single aspect of coaching/GM'ing but at the end of the day those are just positive modifiers which will increase the chance if all goes perfectly, which by all accounts, it rarely does. So there's always that element of unpredictability as there is in real life!
hansmellman

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 General Discussion