Improvement??

Improvement??

Postby marciano6 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:18 pm

Hey guys,

I haven't played a Wolverine studios game since 2019. I'm looking to get back in to the series. I stopped playing college football due to the unrealistic drafting. Whenever I would import my players to the pro version, often players that should have been drafted in the first round based off their college achievements, wouldn't even get drafted. I fired it back up to see if this was fixed and unfortunately it wasn't. My RB who won many awards and broke the single season rushing record went undrafted. Id like to buy a newer version. Please tell me this has been fixed.
marciano6

Re: Improvement??

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:47 pm

The pro game drafts based off of needs, coach preferences, OVR to a certain extent, and a lot based on individual attributes. It doesn't factor in any kind of stats from CF.
brooks_piggott

Postby marciano6 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:35 pm

That doesn't really answer my question though. With all due respect it's just down right ridiculous. My running back won every award back to back years junior and senior years, and had a hell of a sophomore year too. Broke the all time rushing record too. He went undrafted in the pro game. Can you or anyone else confirm that the new version is more realistic in terms of drafting?
marciano6

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:56 pm

No changes were made in the pro game to detect awards or stats, it only goes on ratings. So if you had a 70 OVR player that had an amazing career in college, the pros will most likely ignore him in favor of a 90 OVR RB with better ratings. Also, there is a "conversion" factor when going from CF to PF, and if the player gets hammered in that conversion they may not stack up to other players either. Some of our DDSPF users will edit their draft classes ahead of time to bump up any player that they want to guarantee gets drafted.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 General Discussion