Defensive Playbooks

Defensive Playbooks

Postby servo75 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:08 am

I do have a few minor issues with the defensive playbooks. The first is the terminology. I was very confused at first about quarter defense. Generally a nickel, dime, and quarter is 5,6,7 defensive backs. It seems in this game "quarter" is a 3DL version of the nickel. That can be confusing. I removed all quarter plays from my custom playbook thinking they're going to be mostly prevent type plays.

The other thing is the play diagrams. The diagramming, I find a bit non-standard and confusing. I am loathe to use Madden as an example, but the play diagrams there were easy to understand. Zone was a line going back into a shaded region. Pass rush was an arrow going toward the line of scrimmage. Run/gap was a forward line without an arrow. Everyone else is assumed man coverage. Here we have double circles and squiggly lines that make the play hard to decipher. And while some have conventional names like "Cover 1", some others have nicknames that aren't very descriptive. Also apparently double circle is a zone. Okay but what zone? There's no arrow or direction indicating whether it's a short, deep zone, middle, sidelines.
servo75

Re: Defensive Playbooks

Postby hansmellman » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:15 am

Have to agree on the play diagram front, it would be useful if the definitions were documented somewhere either in game or on the website/help documents as a reference.
hansmellman

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:20 pm

brooks_piggott

Postby hansmellman » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:41 am

Thanks for this Brooks, very useful!
hansmellman

Postby servo75 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:46 am

Thanks for the diagrams, I wish I could find that page earlier, I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Something in the game planning too: The target choices are Tight End, Running Back, Outside, Over Middle. But those aren't mutually exclusive. There's no "wide receiver" target, so should I assume that those are the last two options, WR Outs, WR Ins?
servo75

Postby AKH » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:31 am

yeah last two are 'target WRs' either outside the hashes or in the middle of the field.
AKH

Postby servo75 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:20 pm

That helps, thanks as always!
servo75

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 General Discussion