Transfers and end of cycle recruiting questions!

Re: Transfers and end of cycle recruiting questions!

Postby bherman912 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:21 pm

Thanks, Brooks, I will do that. But just fyi, I have seen this exact same thing for many seasons in multiple versions of the game. I don't think it's a fluke, and it happens at all positions. In fact, it's ultimately why I quit playing a couple of years ago, since I achieved a "dynasty" in short order. Was hoping the newest version would adjust this, but I'll keep trying for awhile and let you know how it goes. :)
bherman912

Postby drummerJ99 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:35 am

bherman912 wrote:Thanks, Brooks, I will do that. But just fyi, I have seen this exact same thing for many seasons in multiple versions of the game. I don't think it's a fluke, and it happens at all positions. In fact, it's ultimately why I quit playing a couple of years ago, since I achieved a "dynasty" in short order. Was hoping the newest version would adjust this, but I'll keep trying for awhile and let you know how it goes. :)

I just started a dynasty in 24 so will be interesting to follow and see what if anything you change and how it works out.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby bherman912 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:48 am

Well, I went through Year 2 in recruiting. The result was even “better” (or worse, depending on how you look at it.) I basically recruited normally for about 10 weeks, spending a lot of money targeting players for whom I appeared to have a realistic shot, paying attention to comments/cues/interest/etc. At that point, I’d signed just two mid-pack players with my class languishing near the bottom.

In late November, I started targeting only 4- and 5-star guys without offers. They couldn’t wait to commit to my school regardless of their attributes, preferences, locations, interest level or comments about how they were unimpressed or preferred somewhere else. So I pretty much just cherry-picked who I wanted and, with minimal expenditure of resources, had the No. 1 class in the country by mid-December – and with money and schollies left over to raid the transfer portal.

Nationally, by December 17, there were more than three dozen top-300 players whose next vocation was, evidently, going to be flippin’ burgers.

So this is the game’s dirty little secret – that you can quickly “beat” it this way. Ultimately, however, it removes most of the fun and challenge. There should be very few (if any) high-caliber recruits without offers in September, let alone December. All you have to do to get them is give them a cursory look-see around Thanksgiving and make an offer.

I know the recruiting module must be a b**** to code, but PLEASE try to get this corrected. Thanks!
bherman912

Postby drummerJ99 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:33 pm

bherman912 wrote:There should be very few (if any) high-caliber recruits without offers in September, let alone December.

Agree 100%. Or maybe a slider option. I understand realistic would be hard to improve a school. Where as it is now you at least know that if you are a smaller school you can get some decent recruits in December to help you improve.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:20 pm

I'm looking into this and tweaking it. 4 and 5 star players should see a more attention going forward, and should commit a bit earlier too.
brooks_piggott

Postby JWW » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:08 am

Yes, I just wanted to add that I was away from this game for a while and came back and started a career as UL-Monroe, and am seeing the same thing. I recruited normally during the season, not even trying for 4-5 stars. But then 4 and 5 stars showed up in the portal the taking if I want them. I can select some and they go through the whole sequence with only my offer though showing no interest, and then I get them on signing day. No one else offers them.
JWW

Postby bherman912 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:24 pm

Yo da man, Brooks! Thanks! There goes my dynasty, lol.
bherman912

Postby bherman912 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:28 pm

Oh, and just a reminder...pretty much the same thing with the portal. There are a great many top players getting no offers and, in fact, very few are getting more than one or two.
bherman912

Postby bherman912 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:43 pm

Thought you'd like this info: I just completed Season 3 for my team, and as of the bowl games, there are 71 4- and 5-stars without offers.
bherman912

Postby JDB » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:48 am

From reading through this thread, I’m wondering if the issue is that the game is generating too many 4 to 5 star recruits. So my question is, is there programming logic in place that checks the distribution of high vs low prestige teams in an association when recruiting pools are generated at the beginning of each season? For example if you have 130 teams with only 5 teams greater than 90 prestige, there should not be as many 5 star recruits as there would if there were 20+ teams over 90 prestige. I do like having a certain amount of randomness when recruits are generated, but given how many things we can edit in the game, no two associations that users create are going to be exactly the same. So I think that some form of this logic should be added to the game if it hasn’t been already.
JDB

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 General Discussion