Have the game at last Empty Backfield ??

Have the game at last Empty Backfield ??

Postby clamel » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:46 am

Asked this in previous version and only got one can put the RB in motion.
Well that's not really the same.

So many teams so many plays are using 5WR, so why not in this game. If it calls itself a pretty detailed game.
I know many other "weird" stuff isn't in, BUT surely 5WR formation is hardly very uncommon.
When the more complicated RPO system was introduced I sureely hoped for 5WR formations. So what's the call ???

Not got this game for some years so also put a small question on the change of position issue. It was very very restricted back then.
It should be ironed out by now, QBs can turn into WR, DB into RB, vice versa and so on. You get my drift. Hopefully more open in this version.
clamel

Re: Have the game at last Empty Backfield ??

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:34 pm

My understanding was that a 5WR was just putting a WR in for your TB, and/or splitting the TB out wide in motion. The game already handles this with the spread formation. Adding a whole other formation and new plays seemed redundant. But I'll take another look and see if we can add it into a patch.

The position change is configurable in the settings if you want to unlock it... by default we left in the most common player shifts but didn't want it completely unlocked so online leagues wouldn't game the system. Your choice on if you unlock it.
brooks_piggott

Postby clamel » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:41 pm

Can't see how a plain 5 WR or more called Empty backfield can be redundant.
I see often enough a RB motion out, but I'm talking about the plain setup right from breaking the huddle. It's a common enough play formation and should be in the game.
Or is it a problem with programming the thing.
I haven't yet bought this latest version so that's why I ask. In older version one did have the RB in motion out to create an empty backfield, but really not the 5 WR formation. For me it's simple enough a formation called Empty backfield (the RB could very well be one of the 5 receivers out there (as the TE), but that's a problem for the setup in depth charts.)

Good players can be turned into another position. In older version I think that was a problem and couldn't be done.
clamel

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:59 pm

brooks_piggott wrote:But I'll take another look and see if we can add it into a patch.

Already added in the recent patch.
brooks_piggott

Postby clamel » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:24 pm

How glad I'm going to be buying this version then. Progress, Thanks.
I hope you made the formation available for the AI too, not just a formation that I can create for my team. A pre-set formation that will be seen on many teams playbooks.

I would be extra happy to see that some coaches use it more than others, as in real life. College teams are very different in how they play and most of it is based on the idea the coach got.
So this game must do it utmost to mirror this and not having all teams play very similar. M;uch more diversity in college football than in the pro variant.
In some older version that has been a little problem with very little diversity among the AI controlled teams.
clamel

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 General Discussion