25 Wish List, Recommendations

25 Wish List, Recommendations

Postby Loudtek » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:52 am

I've been a customer since 2020 and love all things college football. Okay let me get started.

This years version of the game, besides recruiting. Didn't really upgrade. There's so much small things, (what do I know right?) that could be done to give us more experience and immersion. Here is my wish list. Everyone feel free to add on. With EA College Football coming out next year. I don't want this game to lose any business like at all. As you guys were our only option at one point. I'm going to try and only include ideas that wouldn't (hopefully) take over a year to implement.

1. Add conversations, even if small ones.
Like you do in Basketball. We should be able to call a current player with low moral into our office just to encourage them, or tell them to cut the crap and step up their play. This can be done as simple as you want it. We just want to feel connected to our players.
2. Allow us to recruit the top Juniors in high school.
Maybe only the top 50 Jrs in high school are able to be recruited early by colleges. Once again this makes us feel more connected to our players and school.
3. Take away 4 and 5 star recruits having NO OFFERS. We're getting to week 5 and noticing many top players with no offers. That's not a good look from a simulation game that's suppose to simulate real college football.
4. Ability to update things like training facilities, and the stadium SEPARATELY. Even if it's not visual for example. have a UI where you can directly update your training facilities, or increase stadium levels. It could even be a 1-5 star process. Small schools with less money have 2 star training facility and 1 star stadium. As the school does better, they get more money and we can directly choose what we want to upgrade. Not have the game do it for us.
5. I made this suggestion last year and I'll make it again. Staff hiring and firing needs an upgrade. When hiring a coach, if they deny our school they should give us a reason. Like " Presitge too low" if they are a high rep coach. Or " Salary not high enough" If they want more funds.

I have a ton more suggestions but for the sake of not seeming like an ass ( I'm a big supporter) I think these would do us some good.
Loudtek

Re: 25 Wish List, Recommendations

Postby Avrowolf » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:41 pm

Complete customization of conferences would be nice, along with mergers happening on their own. Multiple Divisions (FCS/II/III)/Leagues (NAIA/U Sports) would be nice as well, would be interesting to guide UBC, for example, from U Sports and into Division II and work up towards the FBS
Avrowolf

Postby JDB » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:15 am

Adding teams to existing saves
JDB

Postby coachcbjii » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:00 pm

#1 would be amazing. It would be cool to have short conversations with players that either motivated them or discouraged them. especially if it's already on the College BB game.
#3 - I completely agree.
#4 - YES, YES, YES - Please add stadiums, training facilities, medical facilities, and travel accommodations.
#5 - A reason would be nice.
coachcbjii

Postby Colly » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:25 am

I'd settle for the same game without the delays every time the screen changes.

Please, please, please do something to optimize your engine to get rid of these delays.
Colly

Postby Colly » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:47 pm

Having now played both the PF24 and CF24 demos to see whether I will upgrade I have a few other thoughts.

#1 I like that some linked names are now in some of the emails. I'd like to see that extended to all emails.

#2 Please DO NOT bring the zoomed game screen to CF25. Or, at least if you do, please make sure it is optional like the men/dots in PF24. Dots Good! Men Bad! New Game View Okay! Old Game View Good!

#3 While I get the info help icons on various pages are an improvement and helpful. Often they cover up other info when in use and their icons take up huge real estate. Why not just use regular "hover over popups" as you do for the mentor lightbulbs for everything a user might need help with, i.e. stats, ratings etc. Look at how other games do this, in particular FOF09.

#4 Can you add live links to the league news items too, please?

#5 Basically live links are your friend. Having to go to open another screen and then click on a player link is just poor UI/UX and kills immersion.

#6 Yeah c'mon guys you've got to do something about those delays every time we change screens. It's 2024 not 1980. If this is your engine - Wow! If this is your coding - WOW!
For clarity here, on your new titles (24s) screen changes are running at 4 - 5 seconds on an M1 Mac running Parallels (Hint: M1s are fast!), on my gaming PC RTX 3060 (Yes it's fast too) screen changes run at 1 - 2 seconds. That's just abysmal anyway you slice it..

In conclusion, though I'll be buying CF24 because now the actual money recruitment has been implemented it plays more immersive and in general looks a good upgrade from CF22.

I'll be skipping on upgrading from PF22 to PF24 though because I prefer the old game view and honestly, since I play game by game I'll prioritize that over some of the other small improvements PF24 brings.

Keep up the good work guys!
Colly

Postby drummerJ99 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:56 am

Colly wrote:#2 Please DO NOT bring the zoomed game screen to CF25. Or, at least if you do, please make sure it is optional like the men/dots in PF24. Dots Good! Men Bad! New Game View Okay! Old Game View Good!

Haven't played PF24 but from what I've seen on youtube I like the new view. The bad thing with the zoom is it's zooming in and makes the field look horrible, so if doing zoom the fields need a bump in resolution. Either way think the view adds something new to a much needed view. I thought I read they planned to bring it to CF24, that's main reason why I bought it. LOL

Colly wrote:#6 Yeah c'mon guys you've got to do something about those delays every time we change screens. It's 2024 not 1980. If this is your engine - Wow! If this is your coding - WOW!
For clarity here, on your new titles (24s) screen changes are running at 4 - 5 seconds on an M1 Mac running Parallels (Hint: M1s are fast!), on my gaming PC RTX 3060 (Yes it's fast too) screen changes run at 1 - 2 seconds. That's just abysmal anyway you slice it..

Agree 100% on this. It's actually gotten worse over the years. It was faster going from screen from screen in CF21 then it is in CF24. And some screens it's a drastic increase in time.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby Colly » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:48 pm

Hi guys,

I've been playing CF2024 for a fair few hours and I'm enjoying it compared to CF2022 (my last iteration).

As you know from some of my earlier comments regarding the screen changes, I get frustrated when there are unnecessary delays or clicks due to the UI. It's fair to say the UI has been greatly improved over earlier versions. However, it's also fair to say there's a lot (and I mean - A LOT) of wasted real estate that could be better utilized to both improve the current UI and far more importantly the UX.

UX is the area I think the most improvements could be made with just a few simple tweaks. Please consider these suggestions for future updates or versions of both CF and PF.

Roster Screen / Roster Management Screen

Why is it necessary to have 2 screens? Poor UI design and layout lead to poor UX.

1. We can filter on the Roster Screen (RS) by player position. This is very useful and we can then sort any column to make decisions on the Roster (AND more importantly any changes we might need to make).

2. We can also filter by player type. For example, redshirt eligible. Again, something we might want to take action on.

The problem is we can't do anything from the Roster Screen. We have to go to the Roster Management Screen (RMS) to make changes. This is totally a waste of time and should be able to be done from the Roster Screen.

However, when we do go to the RMS there appear (from my gameplay at least) ONLY 3 options for doing anything on that screen, being a) Auto Adjust Roster, b) Release a player or c) Redshirt a player. With b) and c) being available when we check a radio button next to the player we want to act against.

Worse still we can no longer sort or filter players by type or by position and instead need to review the players all jumbled up.

The only other piece of information I see on the RMS that is useful is the #of players for Active Roster.

All of this information and actions could easily be built into the RS. There's enough room to add the check box next to each player. There's also enough real estate on the RS to have the Auto Adjust Roster, Release player and Redshirt players buttons on that screen.

Or, better still allow us the option to "right click" a player name and perform multiple actions against the player i.e. release and redshirt.

Email Text

Can you please make all the text in the emails white? It's bad enough the text is so small but the light grey is so close to the dark grey background it is hard on the eyes. It's probably okay for the young guys but it's a bit of a strain for us old un's.

Recruiting

The recruiting Overview Dashboard page is really good and has a lot of great information there.

Maybe others recruit differently, but I typically start recruiting based on positions for the number of Seniors I'm losing each draft class. This is well summarised in the Position Overview window of the Overview Dashboard. I then add to that any positions I feel need a boost.

Would it be possible to take those Senior positions and numbers and simply add a line of text on the View Recruits screen (there's room under the main player table at the bottom)?

It might read something like this: Recruiting Position Needs: QB 2, FB 1, DE 3, LB 2, K 1.
Colly

Return to DDS: College Football 2024 General Discussion