General feedback so far

General feedback so far

Postby servo75 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:56 am

1. Misc:
Team logos were missing when I first started up the game. (I wasn't in the NFL mod)
I don't think the color picker works too well. Clicking on a color doesn't move the circle and it's not clear how to apply changes.

2. Progression: First, SO glad for the table. THANKS for that, my pleas have not been in vain :). There is something that's still confusing to me, and this is regardless of table or chart:
- First, the training camp seems to come after the season. In table and chart, it shows progression from 2023 to 2023 Training camp. 2023 Training camp has already occurred, so shouldn't this be in reverse? If I go to 2023 and look at a player who's been in for several years, it's the same thing. Not only does Year X precede Year X training camp, but sometimes I see progression (in the training emails) for weeks that haven't been played yet, even in the off-season.
- One final thing is that I get emails about players that progress, but then when going to the progression tab, the lines are flat. It looks like no progress has been made, yet when I compare the ratings in the progression chart to the ratings in the player profile, there indeed have been increases but it doesn't show in the chart or graph. I look at a different player and it does show on the chart Intelligence +2. 2023=63, 2023TC=65. And the profile does show intelligence 65. But again, it looks like 2023 comes before 2023 training camp. It looks in the chart like he's regressed. Is this perhaps mislabeled or just in the wrong order?
- Bottom line is that the improvement DOES show in the chart if it's a training camp improvement, but if it's in-season improvement, it doesn't show in the chart, only in the player profile.

3. Would it be possible to send players to practice squad / IR, etc from the roster and not have to go to roster management? On roster management, can't filter and sort by position, so have to go back and forth.

4. Game presentation:
a. Can we get the teams' records in the score bug?
b. It would be nice in "watch game" to be able to replay, rewind a play, etc. just like in the play now.
c. The stats after a while overflow the white boxes in bottom left/right. Another positive is having a separate box on the scorebug for the team logo (though no logos appear there right now). I found in the old model, the logo could obscure part of the team abbreviation.
d. I don't know about the player animations. I like the idea, but they're too pixelated. If someone manages to improve the model, maybe. Besides there's no way to show numbers/positions.
e. On the plus side, I do prefer the bubbles. The new field structure and auto-zoom is great, something I've wanted for some time. The only teeny concern is designing custom fields could be more challenging doing it from perspective. But small price to pay. Although I plan not to use animation, I still think the uniform/helmet colors is a huge plus. I wonder if that applies to controlling the bubble colors as well.
f. Otherwise the new game view is great. However I think improvements can be made. It looks like there's enough screen room to be able to see the full box score of both teams all the time, not just the team that's currently on offense and defense.

5. On Play/sim. Can we show team record if score is shown.
- I'm on team training, switch teams and it still shows the players on the previous team.
- Defensive formations: "Quarter" is 7 defensive backs, not 4-1-6. That's a version of dime. Suggest "Dime 4-1-6" and Dime 3-2-6". Quarter should be "4-0-7". We really don't need 3 and 4DL separate versions. On Dime and Quarter just substitute an LB for a DE

6. User Interface general - Placement of where screens like Roster, Staff, etc. Now that they're on top this poses a bit of a problem. In the previous version, Roster, Contracts, Staff, and other team screens were always visible no matter what other screen I was on. Take League Media for example. In 2023, I still have those screens for easy access on the left. In 2024, because those links are now on top, they disappear when bringing up League Media, so I have to go to "Your Office" first then to roster. It's two mouse clicks where there used to be one. Personally I was fine with all menus being on the left, it was consistent.
servo75

Re: General feedback so far

Postby drummerJ99 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:46 am

The player photos need work. There's way too much wasted space and they are cropped extremely weird. Would look much better showing the full shoulders like the CB and PB games. The same issue is in CF.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby Invisible Witness » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:06 pm

Would it be possible to add alternate row shading? Might be easier on eyes but not sure if it would look/work good with current UI.
Invisible Witness

Postby Gabe778 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:24 am

The option to sim offensive or defensive playcalling was removed from the in game menu. I’d love to have that back. I’d always have my DC call defense for me.
Gabe778

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 FirstAccess