The Screen -- Your Office/Team Dashboard

The Screen -- Your Office/Team Dashboard

Postby Templer » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:23 pm

The list of the draft picks (# TEAM DRAFT PICKS)

This is not information you need to have in front of you in your office on a daily basis.
Scratch the list from this screen and find more important/critical information for this spot here!
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Re: The Screen -- Your Office/Team Dashboard

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:48 pm

I'm sure Gary would be open to ideas for this screen.
brooks_piggott

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:43 am

brooks_piggott wrote:I'm sure Gary would be open to ideas for this screen.

A few suggestions for this screen, others may disagree but think these might help.

1) On the dashboard screen, we have a section called "standings" but just shows a numerical reference to league, conference, division. Although I wouldn't remove that information, I think it is more common on various media team's pages to actually show the standings of the division the team plays in. Allows a very quick look how they compare to other teams in the division, without having to go to the standings page. Sort of like you have schedule on the screen to minimize having to go to full schedule screen. To save space, we don't need all the columns, maybe just team, w/l/t, pct, conf, dive, and if space still available PF and PA. I find myself often going to the standings screen to see this info so think could be a good addition.

2) I tend to agree that just a list of future draft picks is not that useful. However, what I think could make it a little more useful is after the draft of the current season, show at the top of the list the draft picks the team actually made in the draft. I have seen this on various media sites and kind of is nice to see which players the team selected in the current year. You could still include the future picks to scroll through, but I think the more useful information is what my team selected.

3) One other piece of information I would love to see is something about current roster setup. More times than I like to admit, I go and try to play a game but only to get a warning message that my team's roster is invalid. Would be nice if some kind of info was summarized on the dashboard that would give me a clue that I had an invalid roster (or any other type of issues) so that I don't waste my time trying to do something only to find out its invalid. Maybe the position count summary that is under the roster page or some other way. Think would be very helpful

4) If still no other ideas how to make use of the space, could consider going back to the full schedule showing in a list which is pretty common way of showing on media sites. Then you only have to fill what space is left from the new schedule. Although, personally at this point would prefer having more other information on the screen instead.

5) Along the lines of the schedule, what else I think could be nice is a more visual call out to the last game played. I have seen and liked that above a schedule, they show a more detailed look of the previous game (more than you just show on a schedule list). In fact, something like you show on the actual game/play screen after a game has been completed. This widget would be shown on top of or by the schedule portion. Again, very handy to see more details on the latest game played.

6) Could consider showing more team or individual player stats. Could also consider show "top performances" in a single game. For example if a player broke a record or had some kind of huge game.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Templer » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:51 pm

Is there a way to personalize this place by the player themselves?
Just like it is possible with OOTP.
Templer

Postby drummerJ99 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:15 pm

Templer wrote:Is there a way to personalize this place by the player themselves?

I don't believe that's possible but would be a nice addition.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:45 pm

Templer wrote:Is there a way to personalize this place by the player themselves?

Not currently
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby soadeathdealer » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:54 pm

Id like something like OOTP where u can pick ur layout and the information displayed. I Like having my draft pick info there as I always use it . I trade a tons of that info i use everyday just about. Would be nice if there was a quick tab (like in 23 where u could switch between schedule and draft picks) to see your expiring contracts easy .
soadeathdealer

Postby TalonHIFL » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:56 am

I like the update to add standings and draftees and that you still kept the team draft picks. My community finds that feature handy since they can get a little trade happy when trade fever hits.
TalonHIFL

Postby Templer » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:20 pm

I can live with the solution.

But…

So I come into my office in the morning and change the filing on my desk.
Now I have to quickly go over to the training facility.
When I come back to my office now, what's on top again: this rarely used list of draft picks!

Can't you program the 'whole thing' so that the selected option remains in the foreground, even when you leave and re-enter the office?
Templer

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 FirstAccess