Shotgun: End Around & Shotgun 4WR: End Around Plays

Shotgun: End Around & Shotgun 4WR: End Around Plays

Postby spoof_ex » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:54 am

Hi,

Ran a test to see if End Around plays were still a guaranteed Gainage, and my test so far have shown that they still are.

Ran a whole season and not once was there a 0 yard or Negative Yardage play. It seems like the ball teleports to the WR slot and that means the defensive players have no possible way to get to them and stop the gains.

Would suggest these plays are just removed until corrected at this point.
spoof_ex

Re: Shotgun: End Around & Shotgun 4WR: End Around Plays

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:31 pm

Make sure you're not using a custom plays.xml. In my testing the averages for the new end around plays is in line with other plays.
brooks_piggott

Re: Shotgun: End Around & Shotgun 4WR: End Around Plays

Postby zac » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:35 pm

I’m showing similar results as spoof_ex. Problem in ‘23 was not the average yard data as a whole but the end around plays are near guaranteed 1st down if run on 3rd/4th and short and also just great play to run on 1st down as it never went for less than 3 yards (usually 5-6 yards). Glancing through some early testing in ‘24, seems like maybe slightly better but still seems like a near lock to get 4+ yards. There are some 2 yard runs now but so potentially slightly improved but still no stops at line of scrimmage or in backfield ever it seems but still very early in testing. And that’s just with default depth charts. Users had even more success with handing ball off to a RB put in WR spot in ‘23.
zac

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 FirstAccess