Head Coach offers

Head Coach offers

Postby Murburto » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:31 am

I have offered every OC a head coaching job and all have declined. Even the coordinators on losing teams are declining. That is very unrealistic and even the worse teams can get a coordinator to accept a head coaching position. *Update* So I was able to hire a very low rated coordinator. I refuse to believe that I get turned down 2.5-star coaches, but every 2-star coach is eager to be hired. A 65-year-old 2.5-star coordinator would be eager to get another shot at a head coaching job.
Murburto

Re: Head Coach offers

Postby AKH » Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:10 pm

there are many factors at play here. Just because one is a coordinator that doesnt make a HC job automatically interesting. For instance, coordinators with many years left on their contracts are less likely to accept offers. Coordinators on high prestige teams are way less likely to accept HC jobs on bottom teams (they know they will get a HC opportunity at a good team eventually). Whats the roster situation. Whats the standings. Whats the the personality of the coach (loyalty for instance) etc etc
AKH

Re: Head Coach offers

Postby Murburto » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:29 pm

Every coordinator that is over 2 stars wouldn’t take a job with a bottom NFL team? These are not 5 star coordinators. My point is some would turn down the offer, not all coordinators. There are some good coordinators begging for a head coaching job.
Murburto

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 FirstAccess