Laggy animations

Laggy animations

Postby CardiacCat20 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:03 pm

Hey all,

Just bought the FA after a couple years away. Jumped into a game and the on-field animations are SUPER laggy. I'll call a play, it'll go, stop for a second, speed up, stop again... it's brutal to follow along with what's happening on the field. Is something like this happening to anyone else?
CardiacCat20

Re: Laggy animations

Postby Mylenore » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:44 pm

I too have the same problem.
The animation is very laggy and sometimes starts several seconds after I selected a single play.
It's a bit frustrating...... any suggestions?
Mylenore

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:03 am

Can you provide your specs for your machine? Mainly just need to know Processor and RAM.

The animations do have a pre-snap pause, and a post-snap pause so that people can see how the players line up and read the PBP before the zoom goes away. You can also adjust the sliders on the top to see if changing the animation speed or speed between plays smooths things out?
brooks_piggott

Postby Mylenore » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:21 pm

These are the specs of my laptop:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz
RAM: 8,00 GB

I've played a few games and, generally, the animation starts about 10 seconds after I select the paly. It starts and after a second or so it stops for another couple of seconds and then goes to the end.
That's the only problem. Otherwise the game works great and, in my opinion, it's a really good game!

Thank you very much for any support!
Mylenore

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:10 pm

Yea, 10 seconds seems excessive. I haven't done any testing with laptops, but it could be some of the ultrabooks tend to go into low power mode and slow their processors down, which would affect how quickly the data can be parsed. Can you check and see if you have a "High Performance" power profile you can set it to so that it will run as fast as possible? I also imagine you have some screens you're loading into that take a few seconds to render.

I'll see if I can add some optimizations to the play game form in the mean time.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 FirstAccess