Game lag/animation

Game lag/animation

Postby slaphappy » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:44 pm

Wasn't bad enough to bother me during first access.. but playing on steam I have 25 second delays..sometimes I wonder if my computer froze. Did we ever figure out if this was a widespread probem?
slaphappy

Re: Game lag/animation

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:52 pm

The code for first access and full release is the same, as is the steam code, so I'm not sure why running via steam would introduce long delays. The only hitch in animations I see is during kickoff when there is a 2-3 season delay that I haven't been able to diagnose. If anyone has any more information on their specs, or situations where it seems extra long, post the details here and we can try and identify some patterns.

To be clear I'm referring to the play game/watch game animation lag.

The rest of the app will always have a pause in between screens for loading, caching filter/sorting data, summation of data, rendering, etc. In some cases it's a longer pause in between pages or switching teams as it loads up fresh data.
brooks_piggott

Postby Johnny999 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:14 am

I am having similar issues. It takes about 30 seconds after I call a play for the play to be run on the field. Thats after the 25 seconds it takes to call a play because it lags there too. I tried about 20 times, same stuff. Is there some settings I need to adjust?

I have played a ton of dds pf23, a ton. Not sure whats going on.
Johnny999

Postby Johnny999 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:36 am

Any thoughts on this? I'm gonna need a refund if the game lags this much. Fyi, I play ea fc 24 on same laptop with son and have NO issues. Do most ppl just sim the games?
Johnny999

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:01 am

Is this just during playing games out or when you "watch game" too?
brooks_piggott

Postby Johnny999 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:58 am

Just when I play the games. If I choose the play ai selects for me, its only a 5 second delay, which is fine. However, Its very clunky when I change formation, playbook, and then select a play. Takes about 20 seconds. Then, its a good delay of 15 to 30 seconds after I have selected this play and when it starts the animation. It just makes for too long of a game. Thanks for the response.
Johnny999

Postby hawglaw » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:00 pm

Yeah, i have the same issue. The lags for me are around 10 seconds each time. It is hard to tell when it happens because it feels random. The one constant where it can be really bad is kickoffs and punts.
hawglaw

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 General Discussion