Game Issues

Game Issues

Postby hawglaw » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:25 pm

Hoping to get some insight if others are seeing this, or I am doing something wrong. I like the game, but the gameplay is getting frustrating.

1. I have played out 5 games now. No sacks. Not one. On my 6th game, I played the first half and still had zero. I simmed the rest of the game and got 3. I always let the AI call the D plays. Am I just going to have to sim to get somewhat realistic results? It shouldn't matter given that I am letting the game call the plays.
2. I have a running QB and I have not seen one scramble under pressure. What is the point of wanting a mobile QB if there is no scrambles? I can call QB runs, but those don't seem very successful.
3. I cannot seem to get medium or long passes. My QB will drop back and immediately pass it, even on the plays that are supposed to be for longer routes. Every pass is a 4 or 5 yard pass and, if I get lucky, I will get some YAC. Any ideas? If it is 3rd and anything over 8, I know that it is a lost cause.
4. I am still confused on when I allocate scouting points. I am 6 games in on my first season and it still says 0 scouting points, even though I have 1M left over to scout. There are players listed, but I can't do anything. Does it come later in the season?
5. How do I know if someone has a lot of potential to improve? Right now, I have a handful of rookies with no idea what their scouted ceiling is. When does that come?

Thanks.
hawglaw

Re: Game Issues

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:02 pm

1. When you call plays you'd have to pick from the blitz options... during play game the AI won't blitz unless you tell it to. (During Sim game the AI will sub in blitzes according to your strategy pct)
2. Different traits affect whether QB scramble or not. You'll want a dual threat and/or a running QB to get this to happen, and even then it's got to pass some other attribute checks to see if they run or just throw the ball away in certain situations
3. This also is affected by traits and ratings... you'll want a high arm QB with possibly some traits such as gunslinger (deep threat WR also help). And you'll need to update your strategy to focus on aggressive and deep passes.
4. Scouting happens the stage before the draft
5. You'll get emails from your staff if they identify high potential targets. Otherwise you have to watch their training curves to see if some are constantly exceeding expectations.
brooks_piggott

Re: Game Issues

Postby hawglaw » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:42 am

Fantastic. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I have been enjoying the game otherwise, but good to hear that these things are addressed and are also user error. :) Thanks again.
hawglaw

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 General Discussion