Wow, so Free Agency is completely broken in 24, huh?

Wow, so Free Agency is completely broken in 24, huh?

Postby DirigoJoe » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:31 pm

This is a mess. I get that the devs wanted to stop players from being able to pick up talented players for 500k on the FA wire, but this massive overcorrection made the game practically unplayable. UDFA is completely ruined. Undrafted free agents are asking for MASSIVE contracts. There's no negotiation, no market, no competition for players. The FA pool is just bloated with players no one can afford to sign. It's idiotic.

In my league there's 26 free agent QB's over 75 OVR... all demand 7.85 million dollars to sign. The same price a high first round pick would get. The price of a superstar. That's 26 players who are just going to be unsingable. It's a complete mess. I wonder if there are any plans to address this
DirigoJoe

Re: Wow, so Free Agency is completely broken in 24, huh?

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:51 pm

We already provide a way for leagues to adjust this by changing the Low % of their numbers for various levels of player. If your QB salary max is 50 mil then a 8 million dollar deal is like 16% of that... which for a 75 OVR seems reasonable to me. But feel free to slide the scale down to whatever number works for your league.

UDFA do ask for less since they have 0 experience, but in future versions I can adjust it further.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 General Discussion