Too Many INTS being thrown

Too Many INTS being thrown

Postby beauforsure » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:03 pm

i checked out the demo, and simming.. my QBs are throwing really high INT numbers... Love threw 7 ints in 1 game and 6 in the other... ended with a league high 29 ints. ok so i let Love walk, drafted a high OVR 88 QB , and same problem.. 9 TDs 10 INTS thru 6 games.. 4 in 1 game.. while the 4 ints arent un-realistc , the amount being thrown per game by all QBs in the game seem to be really high... then the occasional 0TD 0INT games... the in-balance is odd. The draft 88 OVR QB has a 91 Accuracy 87 Intel... Goff however has 12 TD and 0 INT... Allen 10 TD 1 INT.

I have changed some of the gameplans and strategy around , nothing seemed to matter..
beauforsure

Re: Too Many INTS being thrown

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:19 pm

Did you build your own playbooks? My guess is not enough variety in the plays and the defense is keying in on passes easily. But high INT isn't something we noticed in testing... everything was tuned to NFL norms. The game doesn't know names of players, so that doesn't matter... and a 91 Acc/87 Int shouldn't be that bad unless there is something going on with the playbooks or traits/game plan where things are cranked up to high on aggressive play styles.
brooks_piggott

Postby beauforsure » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:31 pm

No, i did not build any playbooks, i ran everything on default.. which leads me to believe that the CPU also has this issue... See screens below.. I know also the game doesnt know who players are , etc... (been in the sim world for a very long time) I have had tried previous versions. which i did not care for. But the UI upgrades were nice, however the engine seems still wonky. and im sure you hear enough about financials , ill spare you, my criticism's..lol.

Both of these players were really good in 1st year, only to come to a crazy uptick in INTS the next season, with ZERO coaching/gameplan changes that i saw.

from the INT % almost all of the QBs throw at least 2 per game. More would be thrown if more passes were attempted. way too many.
beauforsure

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:50 pm

Right now the game generates about 450 int for the season, which is in-line with totals for NFL stats. What I'm unsure about is why high Arm/Int/Acc QB's are having those high numbers.. in my test league I had Anthony Richardson go 42/7 TD/INT but with seriously lower ratings. My best quick guess at the moment is the higher Arm guys are pushing the ball downfield more and that is triggering more INT (it's going to be even worse if they have game plans and coaches that are super aggressive). It's also possible they are repeating plays a lot in the playbooks which would be bad since defenses get huge bonuses to spammed plays. There isn't anything obvious in the code that is causing it.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 General Discussion