Road to MVP: Suggestions

Road to MVP: Suggestions

Postby charlie » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:11 pm

I played this mode briefly on last years game and made suggestions on just the start process https://www.draftdaysports.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=358&t=36071

to start from a realistic place I had to work with the following data

- default roster rookie ratings by position, avg, max and min on every attribute
- default roster rookie draft pick position
- default roster by position, avg, max and total on roster

^ all of this information allowed me to create a realistic rookie that fit within the draft class and the wider league picture.

again going back to my suggestion for last year, about prospect grade, this could all be factored in for the user when making a selection.

getting over the inability to be drafted, I decided that my player / position was a need to a particular team, to keep his career realistic i found the irl contract details to edit once i assigned to a team,

once assigned, I was told my player was signed to a $x amount 1 yr deal, and am unable to edit his contract, with only a retire button available

^ kind of a game breaker that finances are not realistic for a players career. Also frustrating that players draft history remains "Undrafted"
Last edited by charlie on Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
charlie

Re: Road to MVP: Suggestions

Postby charlie » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:15 pm

a wider comment is the mode doesn't feel player centric, for example, having to advance through staff signings

the mail screen that is part of other modes would definitely be of benefit here, even if just for when receiving offers during free agency, as at the moment you are locked into offers, either accept or reject, with no ability to go look at that teams roster, contracts etc
charlie

Postby charlie » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:21 pm

i would suggest the player screen being the default main screen, that after every week it bounces back to
charlie

Postby charlie » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:35 pm

charlie wrote:a wider comment is the mode doesn't feel player centric, for example, having to advance through staff signings

the mail screen that is part of other modes would definitely be of benefit here, even if just for when receiving offers during free agency, as at the moment you are locked into offers, either accept or reject, with no ability to go look at that teams roster, contracts etc

on the contract screen an option to negotiate a new contract, whether in final year or having a break out year

also be good if teams look to trade you dependent on their circumstances and your value, contract etc
charlie

Postby charlie » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:16 pm

charlie wrote:a wider comment is the mode doesn't feel player centric, for example, having to advance through staff signings

i would say you need to allow a sim in one click of the staff signing, scouting and draft part. a media page update on the main moves so player informed of potential impact to them
charlie

Postby charlie » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:15 pm

I’d probably want an offer page where you get the coach preferences, previous season record, key losses / additions, players in your position on the roster and most importantly to simplify this is your “fit” into the head coaches scheme.
charlie

Postby charlie » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:40 am

I’d also suggest the ability to contact teams when a FA.

If you’re an elite WR right now who was putting a ring before money, why wouldn’t you reach out to Kansas and discuss a lower cap hit with some incentives
charlie

Postby AKH » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:33 am

Appreciate the suggestions - we roughly agree with most of these issues.
I will revisit them for the next version. It is a somewhat slow process, but we will get there (no promises on timeline)
AKH

Postby charlie » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:27 am

Went back on it and tried to be a QB.

Set up as a 78 ovr rookie. Pick Kansas to sit behind Mahomes and see how he developed and the league landscape change.

Didn't accept a 5-yr contract extension offer as wanted to move team and try for a starter position.

I had moved up to a 80 ovr when FA started, good enough to start in plenty of teams.

No offers.

Season completes. No offers.

Another FA. No offers.

Career over.

Very unrealistic imo and should include ability for unsigned players to get offers from teams during season (injuries, cheap prove it deals etc)
charlie

Postby charlie » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:46 am

I think adding a mentor from team currently on would be beneficial (unless study serves same purpose)

charlie

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2024 General Discussion