Can't start league

Can't start league

Postby drummerJ99 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:04 pm

No clue what I done. Orginally started creating a league without any mods. Decided to download the RW mod and use it instead. However now I can't not create a regular league. Tried doing sandbox and career. When I click next nothing happens. Only league that works is historical but then it hangs at 1% when creating the league. AFter about five minutes it's still sitting at 1%. So I decided just to do a single game and it loaded fine but right at tip-off I got this error and game quit responding. I've only downloaded and installed the real world mod and the GMGames 23 player pack.

My next step is until and reinstall the game without the mod.
Would love to see a light skin (or multiple skins) UI option for all games. Like a 2021 version and a 2024 version
drummerJ99

Re: Can't start league

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:14 pm

The RW mod probably needs to be updated because it would have to adjust to the new column required in there for the in season tournament pool number for each team. All the logos, courts, faces etc should still work fine but that probably is going to need to be updated
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby drummerJ99 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:22 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:The RW mod probably needs to be updated because it would have to adjust to the new column required in there for the in season tournament pool number for each team. All the logos, courts, faces etc should still work fine but that probably is going to need to be updated

OK. Kinda what I figured.

On a side note, is there a way to link a CB22 association with PB24? Or would that require updating to CB23? the "DDS:CB Pull" button his grayed out and not clickable when I get to that point after advancing.
Would love to see a light skin (or multiple skins) UI option for all games. Like a 2021 version and a 2024 version
drummerJ99

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:31 pm

I don't remember if you could link a CB22 league in PB23. If you could, then you should be able to do it here as well as nothing has changed with that. I assume you setup the link when you created the league?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby drummerJ99 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:17 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:I don't remember if you could link a CB22 league in PB23. If you could, then you should be able to do it here as well as nothing has changed with that. I assume you setup the link when you created the league?

No..that was my mistake. LOL I finally figured it out. Was pretty much just testing it out to see if it worked.

One other question, if we don't use Dynamic ratings do players not progress/regress? Maybe I just didn't understand the text under dynamic ratings.

And downloaded the new RW mod and it worked. So guessing as you said it was due to the in-season tournament. So my bad. LOL
drummerJ99

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:34 pm

drummerJ99 wrote:
Gary Gorski wrote:
And downloaded the new RW mod and it worked. So guessing as you said it was due to the in-season tournament. So my bad. LOL

Yep, using the old versions of the mod wouldn't work with any new version not only because of the new columns but also possibly other data would be old and based on past seasons.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:57 pm

drummerJ99 wrote:
Gary Gorski wrote:I don't remember if you could link a CB22 league in PB23. If you could, then you should be able to do it here as well as nothing has changed with that. I assume you setup the link when you created the league?

One other question, if we don't use Dynamic ratings do players not progress/regress? Maybe I just didn't understand the text under dynamic ratings.

No what dynamic ratings do is it gives you ratings based on a formula that takes into account their actual ratings but also their current production. It's kind of a "feel" rating for each player if that makes sense. For instance if a player changes teams and suddenly he scores 10 more PPG did his scoring ability really change or was he just being held back on the other team or is this new team just terrible and he's scoring more because he's better than bad players? Well under the normal situation it would say his scoring rating is say a 60 on both teams. Under dynamic ratings his scoring rating might be shown as a 50 when he got traded and then suddenly he's leading the new team in PPG and so now his rating might show as a 70. In reality the rating the game uses never changes but with dynamic ratings what you are shown changes to match what a current public perception of the player might be. If such a thing happened people would be talking about the player like a new man, he finally got a chance, finally broke out etc - that is what the dynamic rating feature is meant to do. It gives you a fog sort of to play in where you never know the true number of the rating and have to make your own deduction based on stats and the rating that is shown.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby drummerJ99 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:50 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
No what dynamic ratings do is it gives you ratings based on a formula that takes into account their actual ratings but also their current production. It's kind of a "feel" rating for each player if that makes sense. For instance if a player changes teams and suddenly he scores 10 more PPG did his scoring ability really change or was he just being held back on the other team or is this new team just terrible and he's scoring more because he's better than bad players? Well under the normal situation it would say his scoring rating is say a 60 on both teams. Under dynamic ratings his scoring rating might be shown as a 50 when he got traded and then suddenly he's leading the new team in PPG and so now his rating might show as a 70. In reality the rating the game uses never changes but with dynamic ratings what you are shown changes to match what a current public perception of the player might be. If such a thing happened people would be talking about the player like a new man, he finally got a chance, finally broke out etc - that is what the dynamic rating feature is meant to do. It gives you a fog sort of to play in where you never know the true number of the rating and have to make your own deduction based on stats and the rating that is shown.

Gotcha. That makes sense. Been a couple years since I’ve played the pro game and didn’t remember seeing it before.
drummerJ99

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 FirstAccess