various

various

Postby BB Brand » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:49 pm

1) Right after the summer league games, when I go to the "summer league recap" email, when I click any player, then click the "player stats" and "game logs" tabs, there are no column headers for the stats.
2) In the almanac, "player records" button and "coach record" button, when I click a name, can you make the player's or coach's card show? Good job that all the other buttons have this feature.
3) In the free agency screen during free agency and the "stats" screen when I have my team selected; after I click a player's row, can you put a blue highlight in the row like what you have if I click a row in the roster screen?
4) In the "Meeting with..." screen,
a) In the drop-down menu under "Questions", when I click a question, can you have the answer instantly show instead of having to then click the "ask question" button? Doing the former "flows" better than doing the latter's 2-step process to get the same result.
b) In the player I'm having the meeting with's answer box (the bottom box in the "dialogue" section), can you make the players' names he mentions clickable so I can see their cards? I barely remember who these people are.
5) During free agency, allow us to review past meetings. I might change my mind on getting the guy and I want this to be an informed decision. As it is now, I'm guessing on whether to go for the guy or not, especially after having several meetings.
BB Brand

Re: various

Postby BB Brand » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:26 pm

6) On the "advance" button in the upper left of most screens: Sometimes, "advance" isn't an appropriate word. Let's take the free agency period. If I click the "check roster" button (or something like that) to look at my roster, clicking an "advance" button to get back to free agency makes no sense. How about renaming the button to "go back to..." or "return to..." or "go to..."? "Advance" implies that I'm going to the next stage, not returning to a previous stage. I thing "go to..." is best.
6a) I think the best thing is to have "go to free agency" as the button, then "go to training camp" as the button, etc.
BB Brand

Re: various

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:47 pm

1) I honestly do not know why this is happening - its literally the same code that goes from any other link in the game. Going to keep investigating
2) only the name and record is stored - if I can find a way to link it to the player cards I will
3) I have added a highlight
4a)
4b) I don't think I can run another popup on top of that popup especially if you were on the player card and then clicked a box score or something then you would leave the free agency screen altogether and your meeting would be over and unable to be redone. The only players who are mentioned as likes or dislikes should be ones on your roster so its shouldn't be too difficult to know who he is talking about
5) I will look into what I can do with this
6) ok changed this when its not a stage you advance from that button
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 FirstAccess