Draft board not updating after first round

Draft board not updating after first round

Postby drummerJ99 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:03 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or acting as suppose to be but the once the 32nd pick is made the draft board doesn't change. It's really hard to see where you are at and who's next as only thing I see that indicates that is the small box in the lower left that says "Next". If it's acting as it's suppose to, it'd be nice for that to rotate to the second round and show the picks and teams like in the first round. In this image it's after the last pick so, the "next" box is empty.

Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Re: Draft board not updating after first round

Postby drummerJ99 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:47 pm

On a side not, when trying to filter out positions on the free agency screen it's extremely slow. 13 seconds from clicking off positing before the screen refreshes.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:11 pm

fixed the draft board issue - what kind of computer specs do you have? I'm not seeing anything like a 13 second delay. There is a delay as lots of info is being loaded and I will see if I can do anything to cut that back but its not nearly that long for me
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby drummerJ99 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:19 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:fixed the draft board issue - what kind of computer specs do you have? I'm not seeing anything like a 13 second delay. There is a delay as lots of info is being loaded and I will see if I can do anything to cut that back but its not nearly that long for me

Intel I5-10400F
1660 Super
32GB Ram
Game installed on a 1TB SSD.

My suggestion would be to default to no filter (like it is) and then allow us to select just one position. As it is now you have to turn off each position you don't want. So instead of the filter out each position for example if you are searching for a Center, let us just turn on the center and it automatcally turn off everything else.

The free agent screen is really only place I've experience the really long delay.

I also noticed in the draft that if you are using overalls, the draft prospects still default to stars. Which isn't a big deal but didn't know if the overall was suppose to be universal across the board.
drummerJ99

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:58 pm

I don't show the OVR on the prospects because I think it would take away from the choosing process - people would just take the highest OVR guy instead of having to decide which of the 3 star guys are better and so forth

On the FA page what I am going to do is default the list to not show the really bad players and have a checkbox you can turn on maybe after you drill down to the position you want if you want to see those scrubs. That should make it load a little faster as there will be less data to display.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby drummerJ99 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:03 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:I don't show the OVR on the prospects because I think it would take away from the choosing process - people would just take the highest OVR guy instead of having to decide which of the 3 star guys are better and so forth

On the FA page what I am going to do is default the list to not show the really bad players and have a checkbox you can turn on maybe after you drill down to the position you want if you want to see those scrubs. That should make it load a little faster as there will be less data to display.

That's true about the overall but as a expansion team I need all the help I can get. HAHA. Sounds good about free agent screen. Thanks.
drummerJ99

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 FirstAccess