Awards screen

Awards screen

Postby matthewh » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:56 pm

Howdy all, I bought DDSPB2022 but missed the 2023 edition so apologies if this has already changed, but I'm curious if the '24 version will have a more aesthetically pleasing screen for monthly and weekly award winners?
Also, how do retired numbers work? Does a player have to play for one team their entire career, or if they played particularly well for an earlier team over many years, will that team retire their number?
Can't wait to dive back in.
matthewh

Re: Awards screen

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:43 am

As for monthly and weekly award winners there is a different look currently on the news page as I have broken things down into sections but if you have something specific you would like to see I would certainly listen.

Retired numbers and Hall Of Fame induction take place immediately when a player retires (for logistical purposes in the game rather than having to wait X years). It will only retire the jersey for the team he played the longest for and the player has to have had a career worthy of serious hall of fame consideration. Not everyone who gets their number retired makes the hall of fame in the game but most do
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby matthewh » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:39 pm

That's great Gary. Thanks you for the clarification. What is the tentative release date?
matthewh

Postby matthewh » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:42 pm

Sorry. One more question. Will players who would have been an All-Star if not for an injury close to the game still be on the All-Star game roster/be attributed with an All-Star stat on their profile?
matthewh

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:03 pm

The game will likely launch in full on Friday since there does not seem to be any major issues - just minor things I am correcting or continuing to add.

Only the players who are actually chosen for the ASG get the all-star designation
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby matthewh » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:34 am

Great, thanks again Gary. I shall continue to turn off injuries for around that period as I usually do.
matthewh

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 FirstAccess