Suggestions

Suggestions

Postby Double Dribble » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:15 am

I don't know if any of these suggestions are possible to implement for this version, but I hope you can look at it for now or for future versions:

1. Right now the only way to see advanced/miscellaneous stats is by clicking the stats menu and then all the players stats are listed on one page. It would be great if you could add an advanced/miscellaneous stats tab to the player page to be accessed more quickly. This would mean less clicks inmfinding that information because I want to look at that before trading for a player or signing him as a free agent.

2. On the player page, it would be great if we could customize the order of the stats and what stats are shown. For instance, I would probably move PER from the end of the row more to the beginning. Also, I would probably remove the total stats being shown on the main page and replace it with an advanced stat of some sort.

3. When clicking player search, only the attributes are shown. It would be great if you could add a tab that would allow us to see different stats and to sort the players by per game stats/total stats/advanced stats/miscellaneous stats on this page.

4. On the player page that shows the personality type, clicking the question mark brings the player to a drop down menu and then they have to search for the personality type to find out what the type means. I would prefer if clicking the question mark immediately explained the personality type of that given player.

5. Adding a screen somewhere that allows us to see all the personality types on the team at the same time.

6. Adding a tab to the box score that allows us to see who won the four factors for that game.

7. If memory serves me correctly, there used to be a button that allowed us to see our box score from the previous day without clicking the back button. I hope you can add that back in.

8. A bookmark feature and a recent page feature like OOTP that will allow us to more quickly reach different screens in less clicks. 

I think that is it for now, but I am having a great time with the game and I assume most of these can't be done for this version, but I am hopeful about these being added in the future. Thank you so much for all your efforts!
Double Dribble

Re: Suggestions

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:47 pm

Double Dribble wrote:I don't know if any of these suggestions are possible to implement for this version, but I hope you can look at it for now or for future versions:

1. Right now the only way to see advanced/miscellaneous stats is by clicking the stats menu and then all the players stats are listed on one page. It would be great if you could add an advanced/miscellaneous stats tab to the player page to be accessed more quickly. This would mean less clicks inmfinding that information because I want to look at that before trading for a player or signing him as a free agent.

Are there any particular stats that you are talking about here? I can add stats to the player card but I don't want an overwhelming amount of information either that people are not going to find useful. PER, TS% and EFF are already shown there but which other ones in particular are the most useful to you?

2. On the player page, it would be great if we could customize the order of the stats and what stats are shown. For instance, I would probably move PER from the end of the row more to the beginning. Also, I would probably remove the total stats being shown on the main page and replace it with an advanced stat of some sort.

This is hard written into the code so the order or what is displayed cannot be customized in an easy manner - you can click that arrow though to expand it and hide the shot chart to look at more at once.

3. When clicking player search, only the attributes are shown. It would be great if you could add a tab that would allow us to see different stats and to sort the players by per game stats/total stats/advanced stats/miscellaneous stats on this page.

I will take this into consideration

4. On the player page that shows the personality type, clicking the question mark brings the player to a drop down menu and then they have to search for the personality type to find out what the type means. I would prefer if clicking the question mark immediately explained the personality type of that given player.

I have added that to the first update I am working on

5. Adding a screen somewhere that allows us to see all the personality types on the team at the same time.

I have added this to the roster page under the view bios section for the next update

6. Adding a tab to the box score that allows us to see who won the four factors for that game.

I will have to think on this one - this data isn't stored on a game by game basis just in overall totals so I would have to calculate it from the game when opening a box score so I will have to see if that has an adverse effect on the load time.

7. If memory serves me correctly, there used to be a button that allowed us to see our box score from the previous day without clicking the back button. I hope you can add that back in.

On the daily schedule page you can press the < button to go back to the prior day and get the boxscore that way or you can click on the item in the ticker at the bottom as well to pull up the boxscore

8. A bookmark feature and a recent page feature like OOTP that will allow us to more quickly reach different screens in less clicks. 

I love the guys at OOTP but I have to admit I haven't had time in many years to play the game - is there like someone who has a lets play video on youtube or something where this bookmark feature is in action so I can better understand it?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Suggestions

Postby Double Dribble » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:38 am

Thanks for the response, Gary and Happy Thanksgiving!

1. In my opinion, one extra tab on the player screen that leads to one more stat page won't be too overwhelming. For me, especially with trades in middle of the season, I am not looking to pick up a superstar because that is too difficult for salary cap reasons and the other team probably won't give him up anyways. I am looking for a role player and the best way to identify role players who might be a good fit is through the advanced stats. *checks game* Actually, the miscellaneous stats. I really like all of them. It is hard to choose, but if I had to pick, I would say DVRS/DVRF and assists per touch. These misc stats let me know if he can be a good fit and add to the team and not take away from the star players already on the team. Without the tab, it is a lot of extra clicks to get to that screen for each player.

2. If it is hard coded, it can't be changed, I understand. But I would pick different stats for that main page. Counting stats aren't as important as other stats. But again, not a big deal. I understand if it can't be changed.

3. Thank you! I hope it is possible. Again, when looking to improve my team in middle of the year, this feature would be super useful.

4. Awesome!

5. Double Awesome!

6. I think the insight page has some good info on the four factors which is what got me thinking it could be on the box score too. But if it can't, I understand. Speed is super important and I wouldn't want a slower game because of this feature.

7. I have been using the < key, . It's fine :)

8.Image

As you can see this is how the bookmark feature works in OOTP. There is a star on top of the page and when you click it, you can bookmark the current screen. And that star is always on top of the screen. This would allow for any page to be accessed in one click . Also, notice the down arrow that is left of the star. When the down arrow is clicked, it shows the most recent pages that are clicked. I think like 5-10. I can't remember. Again , this is useful because it would allow me to access a recent page more quickly rather than retracing my steps.

I just bought the game! I am taking my demo team which is currently 36-23 and seeing how far we can go with old-school boring basketball. Thanks again for listening.
Double Dribble

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 General Discussion