AI TRADE LOGIC OFF! TRADE BUG? HELP!

AI TRADE LOGIC OFF! TRADE BUG? HELP!

Postby ashantewarrier » Wed May 22, 2024 10:05 pm

Great game!

However, I have come across some issues with the game AI trade logic when using the real world mod. I've seen several superstar players get traded midseason for just draft picks and rotation players.

In the first season alone, I've seen the following superstar players traded away for basically draft picks and mid players:

Ja Morant
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jayson Tatum
Paul George
Mikhail Bridges

I am using version 13.8. Has this issue been reported elsewhere? Can this issue be addressed? Thanks!
ashantewarrier

Re: AI TRADE LOGIC OFF! TRADE BUG? HELP!

Postby slybelle1 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:03 am

Just to be clear, the real world mod only changes graphics and team names and such, does not change or add any data around players or trade logic.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby ashantewarrier » Thu May 23, 2024 6:03 pm

slybelle1 wrote:Just to be clear, the real world mod only changes graphics and team names and such, does not change or add any data around players or trade logic.

Understood, thanks. Therefore the issue is with the trade logic itself and not the mod.
ashantewarrier

Postby slybelle1 » Fri May 24, 2024 5:20 am

ashantewarrier wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:Just to be clear, the real world mod only changes graphics and team names and such, does not change or add any data around players or trade logic.

Understood, thanks. Therefore the issue is with the trade logic itself and not the mod.

I can't answer whether there is an issue or not and if so, the cause. Just wanted to clarify the mod itself would have no impact on how trades are decided within the game.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby ashantewarrier » Fri May 24, 2024 11:08 am

slybelle1 wrote:
ashantewarrier wrote:

I can't answer whether there is an issue or not and if so, the cause. Just wanted to clarify the mod itself would have no impact on how trades are decided within the game.

I ran multiple test seasons without the mod installed and had the same issue. This is definitely not a mod issue but an issue with either the trade AI or default rosters.

Either way, it's an issue that is a show stopper for me. :( I hope Gary responds soon and looks into this. I am surprised that there have been no other reports on the AI trade logic.
ashantewarrier

Postby ashantewarrier » Fri May 24, 2024 11:10 am

I am going to post this on their bugs forum and slack channel.
ashantewarrier

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue May 28, 2024 5:54 pm

Well in order to determine whether or not there is an actual issue here I am going to need to know the circumstances surrounding the trades. What was the player traded for and was it a case where the player was unhappy and demanded a trade? The game is realistic in that aspect that if a player has had a falling out with his team and demands to be traded the team is not going to get what most people would think they should just like in the NBA. Mid players are going to be needed to be in the trade for salary matching purposes so its likely the trade is taking place as the player for picks. Also what picks are they getting? Typically in the NBA when these trades are happening the player is going to a good team and they may get a handful of picks back but they're not good picks. It is certainly not unusual for big name players to be traded in todays NBA but before I can say there is an issue with the trades we need to know the circumstances surrounding them.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 General Discussion