Early 2025 Wishlist

Early 2025 Wishlist

Postby Billdozer » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:13 pm

I think the team dynamics are always improving but could still use more work. There is usually someone who has team relationship decline even without questionable relationships to the point that team morale drops to okay. I call anyone who team relationships below 100 once a week. I would really like to see more information about what is causing the issue. Is it something in practice, locker room, not passing the ball, or off the court stuff? In addition it would be nice to have a few different options for addressing team relationship issues. I think it is okay that sometimes relationships decline and cannot be fixed causing the need for someone to be traded away but I would like to see more depth here.

I think it could also be fun to see if more depth could be added to practice between games. Things like an adjustable practice intensity meter, practicing the different offensive and defensive philosophies, a carryover of offseason training options, and assigning specific coaches to work with specific players or position groups.

I would also like to see some changes to the injury system. What if a training coach was added to the staff? Also, an email from the trainer when someone returns from injury could be cool. There are a lot of minor injuries that crop up between games. I would like to know if it is something that pops up a day later because of the game, practice, or an off court injury.

I like that an email has been added when a player retires. However, I would like to see some sort of career recap with things like career points, best single game performance, and any awards. Luke Kennard recently retired after the 2028 season on my Minnesota team. He won the 3 point shooting contest in his last year and won a few championships.
Billdozer

Re: Early 2025 Wishlist

Postby mgsports » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:51 pm

Like OTTP can import World Templates that you saved into a League,League Evaluation.
Live play by play like in a video Game.
More Trades in second round of Draft.
mgsports

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:03 pm

Billdozer wrote:I think the team dynamics are always improving but could still use more work. There is usually someone who has team relationship decline even without questionable relationships to the point that team morale drops to okay.

I have been thinking about this - I may have the criteria set too harshly to declare team morale is ok or bad. In other words it may not be as bad team wise as the display suggests

I would also like to see some changes to the injury system. What if a training coach was added to the staff? Also, an email from the trainer when someone returns from injury could be cool. There are a lot of minor injuries that crop up between games. I would like to know if it is something that pops up a day later because of the game, practice, or an off court injury.

The game already has a training staff feature. On the staff screen there is an option to use up your staff budget on different levels of investment in your training staff. A higher investment helps both decrease injury risks as well as increase healing time.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Billdozer » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:51 pm

Great, on team morale, what if 1 or 2 players with an issue was still good team morale, 3 or 4 was okay, and 5 or more would be bad?

On the training staff I was thinking what if there was a head trainer staff member and then the staff budget system would remain in place, essentially leaving the support staff for the head training to handle using that budget? In this way the head trainer would be sort of like the facility letter grade in the college game but applying to injuries only.
Billdozer

Postby Resis » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:52 am

Hi!Thanks for great game, have only one suggestion protected draft picks\swap picks. Read that some years ago question was in AI trade logic...At least pair of protection options (top 5\10\lottery) and swaps that you cannot retrade further would make trades much more intresting
Resis

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 General Discussion