Suggestions for PB

Suggestions for PB

Postby iPrestige » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:25 am

Here are a few suggestions I'd like to see implemented in PB24 if it's not too late:

1) Add the same award icons used in the pro league for the development league as well. You can use different color schemes to distinguish the d-league awards from the awards in the pros. This can be a great way to visually illustrate a player's rise from d-league to the pros throughout their careers.

2) Please add player's POT rating on the "Summer League Invites" page; as a matter of fact, can you add a player's current / potential ratings anywhere it's not (fantasy draft page. d-league draft page, etc). It would help player's save some much time when it comes to looking through and picking players during those events. I feel like their is a good reason why they're excluded, but without them those events feel more like a chore than fun.

3) All pro teams should be utilizing their 2-Way slots; there's no reason why that shouldn't. The spots don't count as an official roster spot until the contract is converted. It would also raise the quality of AI teams, which would make the game much more challenging and fun for the user to tackle.
3.1 - Increase the total 2-Way spots to 3 from 2 to better reflect IRL changes.

4) "Dunk Ability" should be viewable when using a searching feature that displays all the other skill ratings ("Player Search" menu, "Sign FA" menu, etc).

EDIT #1:

5) Change the CURRENT / POTENTIAL rating system back to how it was previously in regards to player regression, primarily do to age—instead of the CURRENT rating decreasing only, it should be both CURRENT & POTENTIAL ratings. It's makes it easier to differentiate between player who still have room to grow and players who are on the decline.
5.1 Also, there may be a bug in relation to how these ratings are being displayed. I've noticed in pretty much all of my played saves in PB24 of instances where teams are picking up player in there mid to late 30s, who's clearly on a massive decline, on 2-Ways, probably because their CURRENT / POTENTIAL ratings are displayed similar to a young prospect with decent potential, but who's not NBA ready.
iPrestige

Re: Suggestions for PB

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:48 am

If players are still showing a gap between current and potential after their "improvement period" has ended then there is a bug with that because once a player stops growing and plateaus and then regresses the potential should match the current so I will look into that.

The number of two way spots cannot be changed without causing leagues to be broken so that is a PB25 item. Teams should be using their 2 way slots and they have seemed to although if the players are not worthy of it they will not use it just to use it.

Dunk ability is not really like the other ratings - it just represents how often a player will/can dunk when he is in range to do so. Sometimes its a space thing too - just not enough room to show more things. Same with only showing current ratings if there is not area to show potential.

D-league awards are not really highlighted because they're just not comparable to pro honors. The only league that "counts" in the game is the pro one - honors or awards from college, d-league or if we added histories of foreign leagues would all be just "other" stuff
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 General Discussion