All players Rookies

All players Rookies

Postby hansmellman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:45 pm

Why when starting a new fictional league do all players generate as Rookies regardless of age? Feels a little strange, well, very strange.

Edit - I thought this must just be a cosmetic thing but it does screw up the rookie awards at the end of the season, I've got a 40 year old in the rookie team of the year.
hansmellman

Re: All players Rookies

Postby jlemmen43 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:11 pm

It's a new addition this year to kind of make it so the fictional league starts fresh as far as Pro Experience goes...since there's no history to match a 9 year vet (30 year old?) when creating a fictional league. If you want to do the old way and have PB 2023...then I would create the league in 23 and import into 24 before you do anything.

I thought there was a button to make this thing optional, but I'm not seeing it, so I may be mistaken.
jlemmen43

Postby hansmellman » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:26 am

Hmmm, that's fair enough if it was intended - I feel that it detracts from my immersion in the fictional universe instead of enhances it though. I'd be happy with something like "Age - EligibleDraftAges = Experience" as a rough way of doing it.

I haven't played the pro game since the 2022 version, I couldn't remember this from before, so maybe that's why if it's new.

Thanks for the response!
hansmellman

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:59 pm

This is a tough one because I changed based on feedback from PB23 where people did not like that they were starting a fictional league but there was some "implied history" yet there was no history there. As mentioned a player having 9 years experience...but there's no stats and no history of the league so what did he have 9 years experience in? Maybe there is a better way to do it in the future or just give the option to the user but the idea is that you're starting a new league so its a collection of guys who are just starting in this new league regardless of their age and so nobody has any experience.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby jlemmen43 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 pm

hansmellman wrote:I'd be happy with something like "Age - EligibleDraftAges = Experience" as a rough way of doing it.

If you wanted to mess with the database export, you could easily use that formula to edit their experience. Or even break it up so like for every 2 years of age, they Gain 1 year experience.
jlemmen43

Postby hansmellman » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:24 am

Thanks for the responses - I suppose not being familiar enough with each entry into the series of late just meant that I came to this with uninformed eyes. It seemed more like an oversight initially than a feature but that's fair enough if the regular player base were keen to have it, perhaps the option to choose in the future would satisfy all parties however I'm not sure how much coding/re-coding it would take to implement something like that.
hansmellman

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2024 General Discussion