Different Halftime Scores

Different Halftime Scores

Postby buckshot13 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:27 pm

I am playing my first game of the season and using the AI to coach the team and noticed at the halftime break there is a different score on the big banners with the team logos than on the Score by Half banner. One shows 55-52 and the other 53-46.
buckshot13

Re: Different Halftime Scores

Postby buckshot13 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:29 pm

So I guess the reason why is when I clicked the return to the game button the score is 55-52 but the game clock is at 18:43. So, I guess the halftime score was technically 53-46 but it started playing the 2nd half before it went to the halftime break screen.
buckshot13

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:35 pm

Were you using the skip ahead function or the "faster speed" option - it was reported that somehow it was not stopping at the half once in a while in early testing but I could never reproduce it so anything you can give me that might help me do it would be appreciated.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby buckshot13 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:45 pm

I did have it set to skip ahead if that helps.
buckshot13

Postby PointGuard » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:41 am

Gary, I've had the game do this a time or two, but while I'm not exactly sure of the sequencing when it occurred, i MAY have clicked the "PLAY" button at the VERY end of the first half before the game automatically moved to the halftime box score.

FOLLOWUP:

Just ran an exhibition game to test the above...and yes, when I immediately clicked "PLAY" button when time expired at the end of the first half (and before the box score opened), the game began the 2nd half and then the halftime box score opened (as it automatically does at the end of the 1st half). When I closed the boxscore to go back to the 2nd half, the game had been progressing the entire time I had the boxscore showing.

I think this occurred to me in the past (when i was testing various things about the game) because I was going on cruise control and clicked "PLAY" as if the game had ended (and at the end of a 2D game you HAVE to click "PLAY" to move the game to the end of game box score.)

While there may be something else as well that occasionally causes this to occur, I've proven that clicking PLAY immediately at the end of the 1st half will make this occur. So that definitely is repeatable.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 FirstAccess