Independent Schedule

Re: Independent Schedule

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:19 am

** EDIT ** I tried importing from 23 to 24 with only 32 conferences (no independents) and didnt see any problems.[/quote]

hmmm I just saw this...So you had no issue then? I think I would much rather leave the teams where they are and just place Chicago State in the WAC and West Georgia in the Big South.
WarEagle13

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:15 am

Hmm, I wonder if the Import issue could be remedied by making sure the default file matches the format you come in with?

** EDIT ** I tried importing from 23 to 24 with only 32 conferences (no independents) and didnt see any problems.

I have two different associations with less than 33 conferences and they both import but as soon as you click on the human coach office to go to Dashboard in both imports I start getting un-handled exceptions. It works until then and then menus start disappearing making them both unusable, so I would test thoroughly, maybe even sim a test thru to the next year before investing a lot of time.
NCAAhoops

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:06 am

Gotcha....sounds like the import def does require the 33 conference. So I'll probably move forward with the plan of making the 33rd conf an actual conf moving the teams I listed to it and test with that.

If it works I'll just need to name it and find a logo, etc... for it.
WarEagle13

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:24 am

warEagle check your PM's might save you time.
NCAAhoops

Postby jlemmen43 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:42 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:I have two different associations with less than 33 conferences and they both import but as soon as you click on the human coach office to go to Dashboard in both imports I start getting un-handled exceptions. It works until then and then menus start disappearing making them both unusable, so I would test thoroughly, maybe even sim a test thru to the next year before investing a lot of time.

Yep you're right. Looked fine off the bat, but dig in and there's definitely issues. Bummer.
jlemmen43

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:48 pm

I just completed running two saves where I implemented keeping the IND conference but added to it to make it 8 teams with a conf schedule.....they both ran flawlessly as for as the season and progressing into the next season.

I actually think I will keep this setup as I kind of like having a small 8 team conf made up of the very small low prestige schools recently added.

These were the changes made :
Bellarmine (from asun)
Chicago State
Le Moyne (from nec)
Lindenwood (from ovc)
Queens (from asun)
Southern Indiana (from ovc)
Stonehill (from nec)
West Georgia

But because I moved two from NEC, it dropped them below the 8 required so I moved Monmouth from the CAA into NEC.
WarEagle13

Postby jlemmen43 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:00 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:The problem here is that scheduling is enormously complicated and its really broken into two sections - non conference and conference. During non conference its great and all the teams can play each other but during conference play the independents have no games to play. If you have conference movement turned on you can get out of being an independent and added to a conference so that would really be step one of your challenge. It's just not worth it to throw out the entire scheduling code and try to redo it to intermix conference and non conference play for two teams who are not associated with a conference at the time being. I do not believe there were any independent teams last year.

If you do not have conference movement turned on you could still go into the commissioner office on May 1st in the game (budgeting stage) and swap those independents into a conference for two other teams so you could use it as like a promotion/relegation thing where if you decide the independents had a good year you move them to a conference for the following year and demote a bad team to independent.

If i had a suggestion for Independents scheduling during Conference Games - i'd suggest having the Independent Teams play regular teams every Sunday (since there's normally no games on Sundays during this time). And then also have all Independent Teams play one another twice (home and away) during the week as if they were in the same conference. Dunno how hard that is to program, but thought i'd throw ideas out there.
jlemmen43

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:07 pm

Cool, I assumed it would work for you. If you stay within the parameters of the game it can be very flexable with conferences. But you do need to keep the Number of conferences at 33 to import next year, more or less will eventually crash and burn. So they become game version associations.
NCAAhoops

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 FirstAccess