Welcome to DDS:CB 2024 FirstAccess - PLEASE READ FIRST

Welcome to DDS:CB 2024 FirstAccess - PLEASE READ FIRST

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:33 pm

Hello everyone and welcome to FirstAccess! Very excited to bring you this year's edition as a lot of hard work has gone into the build. For those of you new to FirstAccess let me preface this with a couple of items.

1. This is a pre-launch beta build you are downloading. You may find errors or things that need to be corrected. If so, please post them here in this particular forum and I will correct them and update the builds as we head into release.
2. The game is not 100% final at this point - if you have suggestions you can offer them and they may be included. There is also the chance that the saves you create will be rendered useless because of additions or changes. Obviously once the game is fully launched we would not make any changes that would invalidate a save but before we hit that final point its always possible.
3. Mods will work in these builds and my thanks to NCAAHoops for the hard work he does in putting together his amazing mods.

Ok so lets get to work here - the biggest question is what is new, right? Well I wrote an entire blog post about most of it so you can check that out at https://www.wolverinestudios.com/post/d ... -2024-news

Now as I said work is not 100% done there is still some tinkering being done on some items especially with the new changes in the transfer portal so remember this is a BETA and things will change before the final release.

Also I have added something new we are trying out (again in beta) - when there is a new build available you should get a prompt the next time you load up the game. This prompt will have a button to click and doing so will close down the game and download the update exe for you and then you just run that update exe and start the game again and it should be updated so that you no longer have to just check the forums for updates. Hopefully it works as it has in internal testing and is of use to everyone going forward.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I have done in building it again. We're starting with a stream tonight on Twitch at 7pm - you can find it at https://www.twitch.tv/wolverinestudios - and then shortly after things will get turned on here to start the fun!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Welcome to DDS:CB 2024 FirstAccess - PLEASE READ FIRST

Postby MizzouRah » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:37 pm

Excited to see a new CBB game on the horizon Gary!!

Looking forward to the twitch stream and new features.
MizzouRah

Postby adamj95 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:57 pm

Can't wait!
adamj95

Postby jlemmen43 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 pm

Will there be 1-100 Overall ratings for the players like in the Pro 24 version?
jlemmen43

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:06 pm

jlemmen43 wrote:Will there be 1-100 Overall ratings for the players like in the Pro 24 version?

Yes when creating a league you can chose a 1-100 scale
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby jlemmen43 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:00 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
jlemmen43 wrote:Will there be 1-100 Overall ratings for the players like in the Pro 24 version?

My bad, I said that poorly. I meant 1-100 instead of the 0-5 Star Ratings...
jlemmen43

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:39 pm

jlemmen43 wrote:
Gary Gorski wrote:

My bad, I said that poorly. I meant 1-100 instead of the 0-5 Star Ratings...

Oh I understand now - no there is not the 1-100 overall rating at this point because I think it works much better in the pro game. First, all of the players are rated in the pro game and here most of the players you never get a rating on but secondly I think you know the players better in the pro game. Even as a senior in the game you don't fully 100% "know" the players because they're still developing as players so that leads to a wider inaccuracy so I think it makes more sense to have a general star rating rather. I think it works better to say you see this guy as a 4 star year to year versus he was a 85 and now he's a 72 and thinking why did he get so much worse when in reality in the game he was just misscouted.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby MizzouRah » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:29 am

Gary, the UI changes alone has me already invested into the game, maybe the best UI I've seen in a simulation game, well done!!
MizzouRah

Postby Billdozer » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:08 am

Everything is running great for me so far and no major issues. Every year the engine is faster, especially navigating among different screens. The interface has many minor improvements that are noticeable. Part of me will miss the player cards displayed prominently on the dashboard but there is a wealth of valuable info on the dashboard instead.

I tried to text players about attitude from the team info screen at the bottom left. However, the conversation did not stick in the notepad when I looked and there was no way to end the conversation. I called players from the meetings screen and that worked.

Also, when starting a new association, I would like to see the school budget ahead of time when selecting a program to coach.

In addition, I would like to see improvements to the board expectations. My goals for year one include qualify for the NIT and win the conference tournament. If you win the conference tournament you go to the NCAA tournament.

I am also looking forward to exploring the changes to the offseason soon.

Finally, I really like the varied and detailed feedback from recruits when visiting or hosting. The watch or reveal for recruit decisions is also a nice addition.
Billdozer

Postby JHopkins19 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:45 am

Is there an option to revert back to the old transfer rules before the portal like there was in last year‘s version? Where there is much less movement and have to sit a year?

I hate the player portal, I know I sound like an old man, ha
JHopkins19

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 FirstAccess