Add Net to History? Reveal more info live scout? Transfers

Add Net to History? Reveal more info live scout? Transfers

Postby Billdozer » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:35 am

I have some more suggestions based on a few things from the update and some recruit and transfer ideas.

I think it would be cool if the final NET ranking was displayed on the team history page.

I would like to see less fog of war in recruiting in terms of work ethic, personality, and injury history. What if the intangibles found on the player card could be
discovered by live scouting recruits individually. I feel like in real life scouts do research and talk to the high school coach about a player.

In the transfer portal, I think it might be nice to be able to sort by some metrics like field goal%, three point% free throw%, and points allowed per shots faced.
Some kind of watch list would also be good. In addition what if the my decision email was included for transfer players when they decide to go elsewhere?
Billdozer

Re: Add Net to History? Reveal more info live scout? Transfe

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:49 pm

Billdozer wrote:I would like to see less fog of war in recruiting in terms of work ethic, personality, and injury history. What if the intangibles found on the player card could be
discovered by live scouting recruits individually. I feel like in real life scouts do research and talk to the high school coach about a player.

I second this. It's kind of a crapshoot on what kind of player you're getting play-style -wise. The fact that a player knows the 1-2-2 press or doesn't know the 2-3 zone attack is really not the kind of info that is useful nor is it something scouts are going be looking for. Fog of war in ratings is fine but at this stage of this series it would make sense to update this area of the game
C-Bailey24

Postby Billdozer » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:59 am

I actually really like the fog of war for ratings. Since the recruiting assistant scouts the recruits I place much more weight on camp performance, stats, and recruit ranking. I do not like players with D or F grades for scoring or defense though.

Once a recruit arrives on campus, the scouting assistant rates the player but the accuracy of this depends on the scouts ability and the first impression is also less accurate. I pay close attention to stats, especially early in a season, mostly because of the scouting fog of war.

I think when live scouting you would see the sets their team is running so I think it makes sense to include that information. However, I agree that this information is not the most important because the knowledge boost is only 10 out of 100. I remove a recruit from my call and watch lists for 3 reasons, didn't stand out at camp, has recurring injury problems, and has attitude and discipline issues. I pay more attention to system knowledge in the transfer portal but do not care at all about it in recruiting.
Billdozer

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:13 pm

Billdozer wrote:I actually really like the fog of war for ratings. Since the recruiting assistant scouts the recruits I place much more weight on camp performance, stats, and recruit ranking. I do not like players with D or F grades for scoring or defense though.

Once a recruit arrives on campus, the scouting assistant rates the player but the accuracy of this depends on the scouts ability and the first impression is also less accurate. I pay close attention to stats, especially early in a season, mostly because of the scouting fog of war.

I think when live scouting you would see the sets their team is running so I think it makes sense to include that information. However, I agree that this information is not the most important because the knowledge boost is only 10 out of 100. I remove a recruit from my call and watch lists for 3 reasons, didn't stand out at camp, has recurring injury problems, and has attitude and discipline issues. I pay more attention to system knowledge in the transfer portal but do not care at all about it in recruiting.

Ratings, yes. I would just like to see a little more info in terms of the live scouting, that's all
C-Bailey24

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 FirstAccess