Irregularities in season awards

Irregularities in season awards

Postby dangur » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:29 pm

This game is fantastic.

I did find some peculiar decisions on awards. For instance, the 1st team all-americans were 3 forwards and 2 centers. 2nd team was 1 guard, 2 forwards and 2 centers. Of course, I get that some players are tweeners but there is a lack of guards throughout. Just looking throughout the conference team awards and it is more of the same. Not a lot of love for guards. Probably not high on the list of fixes but I did a couple of universes and it's the same. I wanted to attach a screenshot of an example but its too big. Hope this helps.
dangur

Re: Irregularities in season awards

Postby dangur » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:41 pm

Doing some more digging, it looks like actually the awards are center-heavy at the expense of guards. Usually 2 centers at every tier most of the time, or 3 forwards 1 guard and a center
dangur

Re: Irregularities in season awards

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:46 pm

well the all-american teams do not seem to go by position in real life. Last year's winners were

1st - Zach Edey (C), Trayce Jackson-Davis (F/C), Brandon Miller (F), Marcus Sasser (G), Jalen Wilson (F)
2nd - Jamie Jaquez (F), Jalen Pickett (G), Drew Timme (F/C), Oscar Tshiebwe (F/C), Azuloas Tubelis (F/C)

In 2020-21 you had guards with Jared Butler, Cade Cunningham and Ayo Dosunmu (alongside Corey Kispert and Luka Garza)

Just pretty much seems to be the 5 best players regardless of position
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 FirstAccess