Suggestion - Transfer Portal

Suggestion - Transfer Portal

Postby buckshot13 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:29 pm

Not sure if this is something for 2024 or the future, but it would be nice when recruiting the transfer portal if you could search players only from a particular state or region like you can in regular season recruiting. I guess I'm not sure the logic of how recruits in the portal make their decisions, but if it's like the regular season, location is a key for a lot of players. Since there are so many players in the portal, it would be nice to narrow down and not have to scroll through the whole list and look for players from a particular state.
buckshot13

Re: Suggestion - Transfer Portal

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:03 pm

From what I've observed for real life Division 1 basketball, it seems as though location is much less important for transfer players. I'm not saying location doesn't factor in for any transfer players, but I see a lot of transfer players who come from far away who go to the teams I've actually followed. It seems transfer players are looking more for the right fit (e.g. playing time/starting, style of play, coaches, possibility for post-season play and scouting, etc).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:24 pm

That is a curious question. I always assumed that Transferring is much more about opportunity to succeed and/or play a lot, and/or get away from a coach...more than location (being that Location probably mattered more during initial recruiting). But yeah I'd also assume that a player from Oregon (playing on a West Coast team) is more likely to stay in region for an opportunity of greater value compared to a similarly greater one in New York.
jlemmen43

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:20 am

I think more opportunity, leaving a coach he doesn't like and now especially NIL are the top drivers. I think location is probably more of a factor at first and then once they have adjusted to college life away from home and travel (and maybe went to a city they never were before and liked it there) that its probably not a main driver in the decision.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Phatman » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:27 am

Piggybacking off of this idea. Can you please (Gary) add the ability to keep last season's team stats through the transfer period? When looking for upgrades to my team I would like to go back to my team stats to see where I need upgrades. If this has been added I apologize as I am still playing the demo right now.

viewtopic.php?f=365&t=36352
Phatman

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:53 pm

Phatman wrote:Piggybacking off of this idea. Can you please (Gary) add the ability to keep last season's team stats through the transfer period? When looking for upgrades to my team I would like to go back to my team stats to see where I need upgrades. If this has been added I apologize as I am still playing the demo right now.

viewtopic.php?f=365&t=36352

You can go to "HISTORY" and then the "PLAYER HISTORY" tab and it will show the stats for all players for each previous season.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 FirstAccess