CB24/PB24 Linked League Issue

CB24/PB24 Linked League Issue

Postby iPrestige » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:03 am

When I try to import the CB24 draft class in PB24, the screens begins to process and stays that way without advancing. I plan on sending the files to WS so Gary can take a look at it.

I am currently trying to test the quality of linked league for this year's games as I've ran into issues with the last 2 years of CB/PB linked league play; if anyone else have been experiencing this issues, please feel free to share:

1) My problems seem to always start after the 1st season of a save; draftees always import the same age as they were during there last college season instead of aging a year for the upcoming season.

2) Most, if not all, of the draftees generate with "Ball Actions" that don't equal 100%—it's either more or less.

3) Some players who were proven shooters in college import into PB with "Floor Range's" that don't even roughly align with there college shooting locations and/or shooting percentages from distance. These players tend to primarily be bigs (C/PF) and occasionally SFs. The centers who generate with good outside shooting ratings tend to have "Floor Ranges" & "Ball Actions" similar to what your archetypical rim-running big would have, concentrated into the POST and POST UPS predominantly; small forwards imported from CB with good outside shooting ratings tend to also be of the same mold.

4) Players imported from CB sometimes import with accolades they could not have possibly earned; like a player winning the SEC Coach of the Year award.

***These problems have resulted in me having to go into each player's profile and manually correctly these issues, which tend to be extremely time consuming and sucks the fun out of the overall gaming experience for me.

Unfortunately, I deleted my long term save from last year's game so I don't have anything for Gary to look at in regards to that but hopefully when the compatibility issue with PB24 is resolved, I can recreate these issues to see if they still persist in these year's version of the games.

Let me know if anyone has been having these issues, or let me know if I am doing something wrong on my end.

Thanks.
iPrestige

Re: CB24/PB24 Linked League Issue

Postby C-Bailey24 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:14 pm

I've noticed that the overall talent from linked leagues just seems low in comparison to game generated draftees. Especially shooting. Linked league players also seem less diverse in their Ball Actions. Lots of guards and wings with zero or very low Dribble Drive Shot/Pass, Dribble Pull-Up percentages
C-Bailey24

Postby mh2365 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:37 pm

having just bought both games this is very disappointing ... guess it will just sit on my computer like the football games do
mh2365

Postby iPrestige » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 am

C-Bailey24 wrote:I've noticed that the overall talent from linked leagues just seems low in comparison to game generated draftees. Especially shooting. Linked league players also seem less diverse in their Ball Actions. Lots of guards and wings with zero or very low Dribble Drive Shot/Pass, Dribble Pull-Up percentages

I've noticed this as well.
iPrestige

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:30 pm

I am looking into this but this will be PB side update and not impact the CB side unless the import being stuck somehow is a CB issue. How PB is reading it in though is a different item and will have to be addressed through a PB update
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:39 pm

The error here is just because we have to release a PB24 update to account for the CB24 file which we will do shortly
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 FirstAccess