NIL/Bribes

NIL/Bribes

Postby mh2365 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:51 pm

Didn't we used to be able to bribe recruits? If that went away then is there no NIL? Or am I just missing something?
mh2365

Re: NIL/Bribes

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:33 pm

Yes in a prior version you could offer illegal bribes to recruits - since that really is no longer a thing it was removed.

NIL is not something that the coach or college is doing. Schools have collectives that are associating themselves with the school - these collectives are the ones raising and handing out the money. In the game you are playing as the coach so really you're not involved in handing out NIL deals directly.

There is so much uncharted territory here that it did not present itself as a feasible thing to do in the game at this point. Maybe there will be more clarity on how these things will actually turn out to work (or if they're even going to stick around because I think they are starting to lose steam with the constant need for donor money) but there needs to be a reasonable way to handle this in the game in the future before it gets added in. I don't know if I want to give the coach control over directing the collective, if the collective should tell you who they are willing to pay, if you negotiate the payment at the end of a season when transfers happen...however this eventually gets added to the game is going to be a major shift so now was not the right time to handle that. The idea of NIL is still presented in the game because you are putting budget money into areas which therefore attracts players - so its not a direct salary/payment system but its represented in that manner for now.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: NIL/Bribes

Postby mh2365 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:20 pm

NIL money is used very well in a different college football game .... understand your reasoning but it is very much a part of the game now and should be in future versions
mh2365

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion