Changing players position

Changing players position

Postby Mbbmets » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:13 am

I know you can simply edit the players position but is there a option when you ask the player to change positions. To actually change his position. I kept a player from transferring after I told her should change positions. But now sure how to ask him to move to PG from SG
Mbbmets

Re: Changing players position

Postby jlemmen43 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:49 am

Mbbmets wrote:I know you can simply edit the players position but is there a option when you ask the player to change positions. To actually change his position. I kept a player from transferring after I told her should change positions. But now sure how to ask him to move to PG from SG

The listed position is more cosmetic than anything. It's more about what's listed as their available positions in the depth chart. If you want them to only play SG, then make sure you have adequate depth at PG and remove PG as an Eligible Position (This is at the bottom right of the depth chart, once you've clicked on a player). If they start, this becomes super easy as they would be the 2nd player listed in the depth chart and if their only position is SG...they're locked in. If you want them to occasionally play PG, but mostly SG, then you'll have to give them a couple PG minutes manually in the depth chart (but also have PG as an eligible position selected).
jlemmen43

Postby Mbbmets » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:16 am

thanks just found it weird that in the area of where you ask them to switch positions its an option to win them over to stay at the school but then cant select what position you want them to switch to. Then they have in their label their original position
Mbbmets

Postby jlemmen43 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:44 pm

Mbbmets wrote:thanks just found it weird that in the area of where you ask them to switch positions its an option to win them over to stay at the school but then cant select what position you want them to switch to. Then they have in their label their original position

Hmm...I'm not too familiar with that side of the game, as I'm almost always acting as commissioner and not the actual coach. So I'll make changes to the strategy for teams but I dont deal with recruiting or transfers. My GUESS, would be that the game wants there to be consequences in case you didn't live up to your promise of actually changing his position. Aka if you don't play him primarily at the promised position, he'll be mad and want to leave.
jlemmen43

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:10 pm

Jlemmen is correct.. You have to follow through on your promise or he will be unhappy.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion