AI/Human control issues

AI/Human control issues

Postby bherman912 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:51 pm

I’m having difficulty simming games for my team the way I prefer. I want to control my starting lineups and playing time, so I have that set up in the depth matrix. When the game begins, though, I want to let the AI control the action – so I choose AI Control because I don’t want to coach.

Whether I have things set to sim the entire game invisibly, or I check the Play/Watch box to watch it, the game begins with a different starting lineup than the one I had set in the depth matrix. The only way I can see to change it is to begin the game in Manual Control, turn off Auto Sub, change the lineup, then re-enable Auto Sub. This, of course, is a pain.

Can anything be done about this? I don’t want to coach the action, but I do want my starting lineups and overall depth matrix followed as closely as possible by the AI.

In a related matter, if it’s a tight game, I may want to coach the final minutes for more control, but I don’t see any way to switch from AI to Human. If I begin the game in AI, I’m locked into that mode and can’t make a sub or other calls. Am I missing something?

If it’s relevant, in Game Options/Task Management Options, I have “CPU Manage Depth Chart/Sub Matrix” option DEselected because I want to manage those myself.

Thoughts/advice? Thanks.
bherman912

Re: AI/Human control issues

Postby jlemmen43 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:10 pm

Make sure you hit STORE LINEUP in the depth chart. That should keep your changes intact.
jlemmen43

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:37 pm

jlemmen43 wrote:Make sure you hit STORE LINEUP in the depth chart. That should keep your changes intact.

Yes, and I suggest you also do a SAVE after making the changes and storing.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby bherman912 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 pm

Thanks guys, I've done both of those things, but still doesn't work. The AI is ignoring the starting lineup in my depth matrix no matter what.

And is there really no option to toggle AI and human control during a game?
bherman912

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:56 pm

Since it isn't working for your association, I'd suggest you send your game files in via a Support Ticket and request Gary take a look and advise.

Re going back and forth between simming and and self-control on games in 2D: On your main screen I'd set it up to NOT be simmed (turn OFF "Default to Simulating Human Games"), then once you're into the 2D game...the portions of the game you want to sim, go to Game Options in the 2D game and turn ON "Enable Auto Sub" and turn OFF "Pause at all stops" so the AI will run things. Then when you want to handle things and not sim, go back to Game Options and turn OFF "Enalble Auto Sub" and turn ON "Pause at all stops" and then run your team.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby bherman912 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:16 pm

Thanks, PG. I have submitted a support ticket. (Btw, I tested this with multiple players and the AI still does the same thing...starting whomever it wants.)
bherman912

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:00 pm

The issue here is that the player is not listed in the first five of the depth chart - the starters are determined by the first five players on the depth chart and not where you have sub matrix minutes assigned (maybe I can add a note to the screen for that)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby bherman912 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:11 pm

I mistakenly thought that having a player selected to play the opening minutes of the game would automatically make him a starter. Now I know I must reorder the names, as well. Thanks Gary, as always, for the quick response!
bherman912

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 am

No worries - just posted here as well so the answer is visible to anyone else who comes around with this issue
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion