Star Rating Differences

Star Rating Differences

Postby coachwf » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:09 pm

What is the difference between the WSSN projection star rating and the NXT Hoops star ratings. WSSN and state ratings seem to be much lower than NXT Hoops.
coachwf

Re: Star Rating Differences

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

Two different rating services - different criteria and margin of error and scope of recruits go into each one. You have to judge for yourself which one you find to be more accurate and useful.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby coachwf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

Thanks Gary. Also noticed my players potential starts changing once I start games. I assume that is supposed to happen and is based on their performance?
coachwf

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

Yes once they come to your team then the ratings are going to be based on the ratings of you and your coaching staff. You may find they could be wildly different at that point especially if you and your coaches have low skills.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby coachwf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

I actually meant my existing roster, not recruits. First season, made a depth plan based on ratings and potential. After I played 2 games those potential stars are different for my existing players.
coachwf

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

Yes the ratings are reevaluated for all players every season at multiple points
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby coachwf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
coachwf

Postby EasyBreecy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:31 pm

Hopping on to this because while I understand ratings may change, I don't understand what to believe. I had a redshirt freshman go from 3/4.5 stars to 0.5/0.5 from the transfer period to start of recruiting. Redshirted an incoming frosh because he didn't care about playing and was listed as 1/3.5 and is now listed as 2/4.5 and I can't remove the redshirt. Had another incoming frosh go from 4/4.5 to 1.5/1.5. I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to understand.
EasyBreecy

Postby gord » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:45 am

I'm in the same boat. One player jumped from a 2.0 to a 4.0 in the same season, and by the beginning of the next season, he went down to a 2.5. I understand development isn't linear but it's hard to get a good grasp of what I have talent-wise with so many jumps.
gord

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:56 pm

EasyBreecy wrote:Hopping on to this because while I understand ratings may change, I don't understand what to believe. I had a redshirt freshman go from 3/4.5 stars to 0.5/0.5 from the transfer period to start of recruiting. Redshirted an incoming frosh because he didn't care about playing and was listed as 1/3.5 and is now listed as 2/4.5 and I can't remove the redshirt. Had another incoming frosh go from 4/4.5 to 1.5/1.5. I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to understand.

The frosh you redshirted being a 1/3.5 v 2/4.5 isn't too concerning for me. You bring him in and the coaches think he's not very good and you redshirt him and later on he's either improved or the coaches think he's improved but still if he's only a 2 star player what difference would it make in removing the redshirt? Would you have been playing him a ton if you thought he was a 2 star and not a 1 star?

Having a guy you signed in the portal as 3.0 and then being seen as a 0.5 is concerning though. Did you scout that player during the portal or did you previously scout him during the season because he was an opponent? If you look under HELP in the game and see the instructions to send in the game files and tell me the players to look at I will see if I can run it through a couple times and see what kind of changes happen and see if something is wrong in the scouting area.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2024 General Discussion